Stand Together Ventures Lab (STVL) invests in early-stage companies that change society. We are not interested in incremental ideas. We seek bold solutions that will transform the lives of millions and society at-large across key issues such as education, criminal justice reform, healthcare, economic progress, and immigration.
As an Investment Analyst at STVL, you will work with our team to assess live investment opportunities. We need your help to analyze the social impact of companies in a variety of social issue areas as well as the scalability and feasibility of their business models. You will join pitch calls, analyze company materials, and assist with investment thesis development for the companies we invest in.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Research on secular trends and market sizing across a variety of industries
- Product analysis and financial modeling
- Investment thesis development and investment memo drafting
- Conduct portfolio company research and analysis as needed
What You Bring to the Organization
- Passion for partnering with social entrepreneurs to tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges, giving every person an opportunity to realize their full potential
- 2+ years of experience in a role that requires in-depth market and industry research and financial analysis. This might include: venture capital, investment banking, consulting, or a startup operational role.
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills, capable of synthesizing large amounts of data and information in a clear and concise manner
- High sense of urgency and initiative
- Strong attention to detail, especially when handling multiple projects at once
- Ability to drive multiple projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Investment experience, especially focused on early-stage companies
- Prior startup experience
Stand Together Ventures Lab accelerates Stand Together’s impact by backing bold innovators striving for 100x and beyond transformation. We bring together rising leaders in business, technology, and culture to source, incubate and scale disruptive solutions that enable people to unleash their full potential. Stand Together Ventures Lab makes pre-seed to Series A impact investments in solutions that will transform millions of lives in the U.S. across key issues such as Poverty, Criminal Justice Reform, Foundational / Post-Secondary Education, Economic Opportunity, Immigration, and others.
Our team comprises highly experienced investment and tech professionals who look for organizations that want to change the world. We work side by side with founders at every step of the journey, from our first connection to full market adoption – and beyond. We bring a unique set of capabilities to actively support our ventures. Our Market-Based Management® philosophy creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
If interested, please apply here.