We have a rare full-time opportunity for Industry Analyst position with a focus on TMT, Advanced Manufacturing, New Materials, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Internet, Consumer Goods, New Energy, and other new technologies. We need a highly-qualified and motivated person to help build out our growth initiatives.
Research Analysts will play an important role in supporting the company and our clients in performing in-depth industry analysis. If you have an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, Ph.D., etc.) in a technical field covering the above disciplines and relevant experiences in conducting in-depth technology due diligence from the perspective of investors, we would like to speak with you.
Interested candidates must possess superb problem-solving, writing, and communication skills. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus but not a must.
Job Type / Category
- Conduct Preliminary Research & Screening on potential investment opportunities for our clients.
- Conduct industry in-depth research & due diligence and prepare reports
- Map out industry-related value proposition and study vertical markets
- Work with internal teams, present insights from industry data
- Source, assess and track new investment opportunities for our clients
- Communicate and interact with deal team members and clients
- Additional responsibilities as assigned on an ad-hoc basis
Education, Skills, and Qualifications
- Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, Ph.D., etc.)from a top university in TMT, Advanced Manufacturing, New Materials, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Internet, Consumer Goods, New Energy, and/or other technical field or related discipline preferred
- 1-5 years of industry/technology related full-time working/internship/research experience, preferably with in-depth industry/company/technology research and analysis work, and/or venture capital/consulting related in-depth due diligence
- Strong interest in consulting, venture capital, and/or investment
- Solid venture capital industry analysis skills, with the ability to produce accurate presentation material efficiently
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Mandarin and English preferred
- Superior Word and Powerpoint skills required
- Fluency in Chinese is a strong plus
SCGC Capital provides strategic consulting services to companies in North America/Israel/Europe/Japan and other regions with their business development and expansion in Asia. Founded in 2018, we have successfully connected a portfolio of highly vetted startups to their suppliers, customers, and investors in Asia, building a thriving global ecosystem. We focus on seven core industry sectors including advanced manufacturing, consumer goods, information technology, internet, biotechnology, new materials, and energy/environment.
SCGC Capital also helps investment funds identify high growth potential companies, discover talented entrepreneurs and conduct due diligence on promising opportunities globally. Our current clients include established Asian investment funds with long track record of investments in early, expansion, and mature stage companies.
IF interested, please apply here.