PropTech1 Ventures brings together leading real estate entrepreneurs and companies, serial entrepreneurs from the digital sector, and VC experts in a venture capital fund that focuses on the untapped innovation potential of the real estate industry in Europe. Apart from capital, PropTech1 offers its startups an extensive network in the traditional real estate industry, access to existing client bases and real estate portfolios as well as support in structuring further financing rounds. PropTech1 has been designed in such a way that the managing partners, venture partners, and shareholders all contribute their expertise at all stages of the investment process – from deal sourcing and analysis of investment opportunities to long-term smart money support for the investments.
We are looking for a full-time visiting analyst (m/f/d) to closely work with the investment team and support the wider PropTech1 team, ideally starting from 16 August for up to 6 months. The Internship can be done remotely or at our headquarters in Berlin. Either way, you will spend the first 4 weeks at our Base in Berlin to get up to speed.
What will you do?
1. Conduct market research and source new investment opportunities
PropTech1 employs a thesis-driven investment approach. We work with our network and use our research to formulate ideas and hypotheses on how technology will change the real estate industry. To formulate a conclusive theory, a large amount of research has to be done in order to fully understand the market segment we are targeting. You will be asked to contribute throughout the process – from the ideation effort, all the way to the final investment theses, which will uncover new and exciting investment opportunities with the help of your research.
2. Evaluate and close investment opportunities
You will help us qualify our deal flow and allocate our time to the right opportunities. In order to formulate a conclusive thesis and evaluate potential investments, you will independently communicate with founders and perform technology and market research as well as competitor analyses. This will give you the chance to accompany the entire investment process from start to finish.
3. Help build THE European PropTech platform
As a growing business, we are constantly looking to increase our reach across Europe. To do this, you will support us in external communication through publications and newsletters, visit and coordinate events, and own internal projects that allow us to grow our organization.
Who are you?
We are not expecting any particular academic and professional background, as we strongly believe that the VC industry is shaped by individuals with courage and curiosity that would describe themselves as open-minded and love strategic problem solving. We want to create opportunities for everyone and encourage diversity and inclusion.
- You thrive in collaborative teams and believe in joint success
- You have a high sense of ownership and can work independently
- You are a critical thinker and constantly develop and work on your own viewpoints
- Meeting new people on a daily basis is something that inspires and excites you
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- You are happy about your role evolving several times over the course of the internship
- You are passionate about the startup ecosystem
- You love to network and already have an extensive network that you can leverage.
Sounds interesting? Please apply HERE.