Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to join our team in Topeka, Kansas and champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
The Venture Analyst role is a key entry level position on the Ventures Team. Analysts support Associates and are responsible for sourcing relevant startups and supporting deal teams on new investments. Analysts also work with corporate partners on their technology needs and support overall program management.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Sourcing New Startups
- Source startups for respective vertical program
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Actively network with startup founders at industry events and conferences
Ventures’ Program Management
- Schedule and facilitate deal flow meetings between startups and corporate partners
- Curate startup lists for corporate partners based on their technology interests
- Maintain relationships with industry partners
- Perform additional operational work for Plug and Play Ventures as needed
- Support the deal team on investment opportunities
- Conduct high-level research; analyze market, examine industry trends, track competitive landscape, interact with financial models, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required in the disciplines of Animal Health, Biology, Agriculture, Bio-Sciences, Environmental or other related fields
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots, and analysis)
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to master the products they’re supporting/offering
If interested, please apply here.