Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. Our global team encompasses all walks of life and represents broad experience in technology and entrepreneurship. We are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission of bringing the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
Our Plug and Play Detroit office comprises a small team that is laser focused on driving innovation in mobility and industrial technology at the heart of where it all began – Motor City. We are excited to be doing this by investing in founders, forging corporate partnerships, and developing accelerator programs that drive collaboration across this community. We can’t wait to welcome a new team member as we expand our efforts in Detroit.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re actively seeking a Ventures Analyst to support and build our corporate partnerships, investment activities, and accelerator programs in Detroit. You’re a great fit if you have a passion for working with entrepreneurs, are driven to take an active role in supporting and expanding our ecosystem of corporate partnerships, and are excited to learn more about early stage investing. You will be our eyes and ears on the ground in Detroit, and we will depend on your familiarity with the entrepreneurial and corporate ecosystem in Southeast Michigan.
The Venture Analyst role is a key entry level position on the Ventures Team. You will support Associates on the team by sourcing relevant startups along with helping throughout the investment process. As an Analyst, you’ll also work with corporate partners on addressing their technology needs with connections across our startup ecosystem, and support our accelerator programs and events.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Sourcing New Startups
- Source a pipeline of startups with a focus on the Midwest and mobility and industrial tech
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant startups
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
Supporting Corporate Partnerships
- Schedule and facilitate meetings between startups and corporate partners
- Curate startup lists for corporate partners addressing their technology interests
- Assist in industry and trends research presentations for corporate partners
Building an Accelerator Program
- Select and vet startups for our mobility and industry 4.0 accelerator cohorts
- Work with founders to ensure our accelerator is supporting their goals
- Perform additional operational work for Plug and Play Ventures as needed
- Support the deal team on investment opportunities
- Conduct high-level research; analyze market, examine industry trends, track competitive landscape, interact with financial models, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preference for Business, Entrepreneurship, or STEM specialization
- Advanced problem-solving and ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, research databases, virtual event software
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with executive teams
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to master the products they’re supporting/offering
If interested, please apply here.