- Team: Investment Team
- Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per anum
- Location: Soho, London + Flexible work
- Closing: 11:59pm, 4th Mar 2022 GMT
- Role posted – 11:13am, 16th Feb 2022 GMT
About Pi Labs
In a nutshell, we are one of the fastest growing and most active venture capital firms in Europe focused on backing companies revolutionising the future of physical spaces. Launched back in 2015, we’ve built a portfolio of over 60 global companies shaping the future of our physical spaces, with more than 50% of startups focused on addressing environmental and social issues.
What we stand for
Our mission is to invest in, mentor and accelerate high-calibre start-ups, particularly those with the passion and ability to build scalable and global businesses which will supercharge the property industry, making it far more efficient and transparent. While the commercial performance and inherent scalability of each venture is important, we also strongly consider their capacity to address social and environmental problems facing the world today.
The role / your mission
The Investment Analyst role is split roughly 70% sourcing and investing, 20% portfolio management and 10% adhoc (firm building, exits, among others). We are an agile and lean team so the above weightings might change based on capacity.
This role is very varied, and there will be a great deal of other things to get stuck into, but your main responsibilities will include:
- Investment Sourcing:
- Generate and qualify deal flow
- Build thesis on various markets and investment trends
- Utilise multiple mediums to stay on top of current and future trends
- Support investment team members with sourcing
- Develop peer relationships and networks within the ecosystem
- Support planning and management of events
- Deal Analysis & Execution
- Assist in initial data gathering and discover
- Conduct commercial and financial analyses to support recommendations
- Support in putting together analysis for the IC Memo
- Portfolio Management
- Assist Investment Lead in monitoring portfolio company developments
- Lead on internal reporting requirements
- Support on potential follow-on investment opportunities
- Engage in appropriate internal projects
- Contribute to team and firm culture
Useful knowledge, skills, and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, working in a fast-paced environment such as venture capital, investment banking or a start-up
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail, preferably with some financial background
- Experience working in a start-up environment, tech or real estate would be advantageous
Values & Essential behaviours
- Positive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable (the startup ecosystem is fast paced and changes a lot so you need to be comfortable with that)
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn and develop
- Resourceful and able to work on projects autonomously
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
Why join us
- We are empowering exceptional founders who are solving global challenges
- We have the privilege of working with some exceptionally talented founders, from whom we learn a great deal
- We are at the forefront of innovation and get a first-hand view of where the industry is going before anyone else
- We are a small and nimble team on a high growth journey who are always open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- We are backed by some of the industry’s most influential investors, corporates and professionals
- We are a diverse team that is working to break industry stereotypes at every level
- We have a packed events, marketing, social calendar so lots to get involved with
- Finally, we may be biased, but we think we’re pretty fun bunch to be around!
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 2 days allocated for Health & Wellbeing
- Flexible working
- Corporate coaching & wellbeing support
- Formal & informal employee development opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to fostering a culture where everyone regardless of background, ethnicity, or gender feels welcome. If you are excited about this role, but do not 100% meet all the qualifications listed above, we would still encourage you to apply. We recognise that a variety of different skills, strengths, and experiences can add a lot of value to our team.
To get started, pop your email on the top right of this page.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, which includes a 45-minute video call with two-three members of our team. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end of the application process we’ll share how well you performed.
Applications for the role are considered on a rolling basis and the start-date for this role can be flexible to accommodate the successful candidate, with an ideal start-date in April 2022.
If interested, please apply here.