Pender Ventures consists of a group of diverse and dedicated investors and entrepreneurs with decades of experience investing in high growth technology companies. Pender Ventures invests in a concentrated selection of B2B and health-focused technology companies at their inflection point to scale. We thrive on working alongside entrepreneurs, technologists and management teams as partners executing on a plan, applying a scale-up framework and diversity influence to drive top-quartile returns and create tangible impact. Integrity, transparency and alignment are the guiding values that drive us.
Pender Ventures is the private technology company investing arm of PenderFund Capital Management Inc.(“PCM”) an independent, employee-owned, value-based investment firm founded in 2003 to invest in emerging technology companies. Based in Vancouver, BC, PCM is an inclusive and diverse workplace of over 50 people managing over $2.4B in assets across private and public equities and fixed income.
As an Analyst, you will engage with entrepreneurs, engineers, and other ecosystem stakeholders with the aim to help support the early-stage technology community and to identify, research, and analyze prospective investments for the fund.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and facilitating the Pender Ventures community through content creation, events and other related activities.
- Building strong relationships with entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, and other ecosystem stakeholders.
- Supporting the team with all aspects of investing, from screening through to value creation activities across the portfolio.
- Conducting ongoing research and analysis of trends occurring within the venture capital industry as well as institutional allocators, global economic conditions, and other relevant spaces.
- Product analysis and financial modeling.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders in our key sectors and assist team with creating and publishing reports such as white papers and blogs.
- Supporting fundraising and investor relations activities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, STEM Degree/technology background is preferred.
- Experience in working with start-ups, community building.
- A demonstrated interest in venture capital and technology.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques.
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking presentations is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured environment.
- A naturally curious mind.
- You are personable, community-oriented and enjoy networking.
- Excellent marketing acumen and written and verbal communications skills.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to join a diverse and passionate founding team that will be launching our second fund. The team will draw on the crossover investing capabilities of PCM, and will grow into new, exciting investment areas over time
- Competitive compensation with the opportunity for employee share ownership in PCM
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career advancement.
- You can work from home or the office or a combination of both, collaborating with a talented and growing team.
If interested, please apply here.