Pelion is an early-stage venture capital firm, currently investing out of Fund VII. Pelion invests in Seed and Series A B2B software companies across the US. Pelion has approximately $1.2B assets under management and a portfolio of over 100 companies.
Pelion Venture Partners is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, against the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. We are 30 minutes from 8 of the world’s best ski resorts and minutes from world class hiking and mountain biking. In addition to our Salt Lake City office, Pelion also has an office in Southern California, just minutes from the beach. We will be hiring the below analyst position for the Salt Lake City office.
Venture Capital Analyst Position
2-year analyst program. We expect to hire one analyst by August 2021. Analysts work on deal sourcing, deal diligence, assist portfolio companies and perform internal firm work. We are a small venture firm of 8 senior investment professionals, so analysts get involved in everything from deal sourcing to fundraising. Just like we take bets when we invest in companies, we also take bets on the people we hire. You don’t need to consider yourself the most qualified person. If you’re smart, a self-starter and hard worker then you’ll be a great fit here. Prior VC experience is not required.
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: manage and update deal pipeline and deal information into CRM from sourcing to exit
- Strengthen the firms’ network through making connections in entrepreneurship and the VC community, attending events, etc.
Support portfolio companies with one-off projects
Perform due diligence on prospective deals
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform financial models and analysis
Prepare research reports, decks, and internal investment memos
Assist with internal firm work
- Create fundraising decks and one-off decks
- Assist our internal finance team
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports for limited partners
- Use CRM to track deals, limited partners, and portfolio companies
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding and strong interest in technology; pays close attention to technology trends
- Hard-working and self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, who excels with little direction
- Experience in finance, entrepreneurship, investment banking, private equity, or consulting
- Strong Excel, modeling, and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required
We continue to prioritize building a team diverse in gender, background, skills, experience, intellect, and race. We are acutely aware that there are many voices not yet represented at our table and we hope that our new team members will bring a fresh perspective to the table.
How to Apply