At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
We have a current opening for an Investment Analyst to Join the PayPal Ventures team in San Jose. This position reports to the the Vice President and Global Head of Corporate Development and Ventures of PayPal.
- Lead and develop strategic investment opportunities for PayPal globally – from idea to proposal to deal execution– taking a holistic, cross-functional approach
- Own all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing activities
- Lead and coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a primary point of contact to target portfolio company management
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources; keeping close ties to PayPal executives and industry leaders (entrepreneurs, investors and bankers)
- 4+ years in Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting
- Experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, Operations or Business Development at a technology company is a major plus
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one where people leadership was required
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Strong written and oral communication skills – able to clearly and concisely explain concepts and investment theses
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker – knows what’s best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives
- Strong network in the technology and venture capital community
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, organized, is assertive, and is highly accountable
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
If interested, please apply here.