We expect this role to facilitate the private capital investment infrastructure of the PRSTRT and P18Ventures by contributing positively to the execution of investments in startup companies, to community outreach efforts for our venture capital fund, and related initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Along with the Investment Fund Manager, engage with the existing P18Ventures portfolio, tracking progress and providing direct support to companies the program has invested in.
- Facilitate advice, business opportunities, and investor connections to portfolio companies so that investments can continue increasing in value and build towards long term growth and a potential exit.
- Support the expansion of P18Ventures capital support by contributing to the formation and growth of a venture capital fund, including assisting in the engagement of appropriate stakeholders and service providers to make this happen.
- Identify and monitor promising startups as leads for potentialinvestment, and potential limited partners as leads for prospective fund investors, through scouting and pipeline building activities.
- Perform due diligence and evaluate investments based on the potential return of investment and strategic goals to recommend investment decisions in a timely manner.
- Support Puerto Rico’s investment ecosystem by assisting in the execution of an investor education curriculum that informs potential local investors on best practices for startup investment.
- Manage and contribute to community outreach, event coordination, content creation, and marketing and social media efforts related to our investment initiatives as needed.
- Develop financial models that enhance financial planning for the fund and return on investment from companies and projects.
- Conduct market research and maintain up-to-date information on the latest economic trends to provide updates that enhance capital deployment and rightly position the fund locally and globally.
- Analyze company accounts and financial information related to specific companies, e.g. traction and results, cap tables, profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements among others, to determine how organizations are positioned to deliver for investors.
- Participate in and contribute to financial briefings provided by the investment managers and analysts internally and externally.
Ensure that internal processes and investment compliance regulations for venture capital funds and financing institutions are met.
Since our organization is going to change to meet the needs of new designations, you can expect, anticipate, and assume that your job description will change to meet these challenges.
Qualifications & Technical Job Requirements:
- Strong interest in startups and investment, and intent to become an entrepreneur and/or pursue a career in finance, venture capital, or private equity.
- Strong financial knowledge and outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong business planning skills including market research, financial modeling, and financial reporting.
- Skills in communication, outreach, negotiation, and presentation.
- Keen attention to detail while being resourceful and a fast learner.
- Ability to work independently and within teams effectively.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and in multiple projects subject to fluctuating priorities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills.
- Strong work ethic including being dependable and punctual.
- Professional demeanor with an emphasis on ethical behavior.
- High motivation to make a positive impact on the startup and investment landscape of Puerto Rico.
Experience & Educational Requirement:
The minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor’s degree. Majors in finance or business are preferred but not required (accounting, statistics, economics, or other technical fields can be considered).
If interested, please apply here.