Novel Capital (www.novelcapital.com) is a fintech startup providing innovative revenue-based capital products to transform how companies fund their growth. Our innovative platform provides financing to tech and subscription companies that in many cases don’t fit the traditional banking or venture-capital equity models.
If you are a professional excited by the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing, innovative fintech startup and looking for a chance to “break into” the early-stage investing space, this is your opportunity!
Ideal candidates will be excited by a fast-paced startup environment and find intrinsic reward in an unstructured environment where individuals own their actions and have an outsized impact. This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work. You will report to the Investment Partner and work closely with the managing directors and other investment analysts.
Role And Responsibilities
- Assess the risk profile of companies by analyzing their qualitative and quantitative financial information, developing investment memos, and presenting insights and recommendations for Investment Committee approval.
- Complete financial models to determine investment amounts and terms for companies approved for funding.
- Identify alternative ways to assess risk that speeds up and improves our underwriting.
- Meet with CEOs of the companies that are seeking funding, and be exposed to the full lifecycle of a deal including the funding evaluation process and due diligence.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual underwriting processes, and test out new hypotheses to streamline processes.
- Assist in optimizing and developing innovative financial products based on customer insights that are driven by data.
- Work on special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (i.e., Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics/Physics, Computer Science, Business) or MBA.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience at a Fintech risk/credit team, Venture Capital/Private Equity investment team, Big 4 accounting firm, investment/credit risk team of an asset manager/credit fund/hedge fund.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- You know financial statements inside out.
- Mastery of Excel.
- Passionate about early-stage investing.
- Experience analyzing software companies (i.e., software financial metrics, business model).
- CFA or CPA certified.
- Personal connection or experience with entrepreneurship is a plus.
- Healthcare benefits.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Career growth opportunities with an industry innovator.
Novel Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If interested, please apply here.