30 Million. The Novartis Venture Fund – We invest in North America, Europe, Israel, and Asia/Pacific with approximately $800 million under management in committed capital and more than 24 portfolio companies. We continue our strategy of making larger focused investments and anticipate total investments up to USD 30 million per company over its life.
This role reports to a Managing Director at the Novartis Venture Fund (NVF) and is an essential team member of a leading global corporate life sciences venture fund. The primary directive of NVF is to optimize financial returns by investment in innovative companies seeking to develop breakthrough therapeutic products in areas of high-unmet need. The Analyst/Associate will support senior members of the NVF team. Secondarily, you will interface with stakeholders & partners – e.g. internal colleagues & executives in the Novartis Group, other Venture Capital & Private Equity groups, entrepreneurs & founder, KOLs & consultants, etc. Thus, strong business social skills are required for this role. Our work is highly multi-disciplinary, constantly changing, and ambitious.
- Assist NVF peers in all stages of due diligence, including scientific and technical analysis, reference calls, market analysis & financial modeling, etc.
- Particular emphasis is on scientific aspects of our work, including detailed review of available publications, leading discussions with KOLs and consultants, and synthesizing measurable conclusions.
- Prepare & maintain internal documentation on potential investments/portfolio companies, including financial analyses, presentations and investment memos.
- Support existing portfolio companies, by coordinating interactions with NVF and other parts of Novartis AG (e.g. NIBR, GDD), facilitating access to advisors, supporting recruitment, and related activities.
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements* Will be hired at level commensurate with experience *
*The position will be based in Cambridge MA USA, and will require some travel*
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Ph.D. in a natural science or M.D. is required
- MBA is a plus
- 2+ years for the Analyst level, 4+ years as the Associate level of direct experience in the pharma industry, ideally directly in drug discovery
- Strong scientific background, excellent understanding of life sciences especially emerging science & technology, the drug discovery industry, clinical management & medical needs, etc.
- Familiar with scientific due diligence processes
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage several projects simultaneously
- Proactive, hands-on and entrepreneurial individual with a great passion for research, analysis and investments
- Strong strategic orientation, good analytical skills, appetite for multi-disciplinary work
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
If interested, please apply here.