NextGen Venture Partners is a network-driven venture capital firm that invests in exceptional entrepreneurs through the collective power of the nation’s top founders, executives, and industry experts—a network of over 1,500 Venture Partners. We take a responsive, service-oriented approach with our portfolio companies, leveraging a proprietary technology platform designed to systematize and scale the power of our network.
NextGen invests in early-stage founders building category-defining companies across enterprise software, digital health, fintech, and the future of commerce. Through our Opportunity Fund, we also participate in later stage financing rounds where our network can add value. Our portfolio consists of 50+ companies including Everlywell, Maven Clinic, Syncari, Hone, Carta, Till, Neighborhood Goods, and Dusty Robotics among others.
We are expanding our investment team and looking to bring on an analyst to support our investment process. This role will ideally be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we are also open to Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, or Boston. We are looking for a team member with the right combination of analytical rigor and strong communication skills, who is eager to dive into the fast-paced world of investing in early-stage startups. This is a high impact role where you will learn the fundamentals of venture investing, with an initial focus on evaluating investment opportunities.
- With guidance from the NextGen team, perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, including market sizing and trends, competitive analysis, financial evaluation, and references
- Support the development of new investment theses and thematic research
- Collaborate with our Platform and Operations teams and other relevant stakeholders throughout the end to end deal process
- Prepare investment memos and reports for our investors, and document meeting notes and company materials in our internal systems
- Leverage our Venture Partner network to drive value for portfolio companies. Keep track of portfolio requests and support their hiring, business development, and fundraising efforts
- Select business development and networking activities to promote the brand and network and generate deal flow
- Help the team with other internal and external projects as needed
- 2-3 years of full-time work experience in finance, consulting, startups, technology, or other relevant role
- Integrity, humility, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic
- Genuine interest in learning more about venture capital and startups
- Thrives in fast-paced and unstructured environments, with ability to independently execute on responsibilities and work with a geographically distributed team
- Analytical, quantitative, and detail-oriented, with prior experience conducting market and company research a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to distill large amounts of complex and incomplete information into thoughtful insights
- Technical undergraduate degree preferred
What We Offer
- A collaborative and supportive culture built on trust that respects and values diverse perspectives and experiences
- Mentorship from our team and a commitment to invest in your career, to help you become a great investor
- Open door policy across the firm to give you exposure to the full venture capital job, from participating in investment team meetings to portfolio support, fund management, operations, fundraising, and platform
- Market-competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, wellness program incentives, and 401(k)
How To Apply
Please submit your application here. We will begin reviewing applications on Monday, August 2nd, and will review on a rolling basis any applications submitted afterwards.