Choosing to apply for a role as Analyst is a way to kickstart your career and should be done with a sense of exploration, curiosity and willingness to learn in a fast-paced working environment.
Mastering the job means being able to assist in deal sourcing, write strong research briefs that deal teams can rely on, do extensive market analysis and in depth financial analysis.
Typically over the course of 1.5-2 years you will understand what is required as a member of the deal team and if venture capital suits you a promotion to associate is the logical next step.
- Assist in deal sourcing.
- Perform market research, financial analysis, competition analysis and formulate related investment theses.
- Build an understanding of startups.
- Gained some first experiences in fast-paced work environments, such as a startups, strategy-consulting, investment banking or venture capital.
- Intellectual curiosity. Hard-working. Committed. Opinionated.
- Structured thinking, proof of well-developed analytical skills.
- Knowledge of either accounting, IT products, technology or software sales.
- Highly motivated, self-drive and strong drive in general.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Fluent in English.
- Within close proximity to the Amsterdam office.
We consider candidates with a wide range of backgrounds. Fitting in the team is the most important requirement. The selection process will be in 3 steps:
- A 30 minutes online interview with pre-selected candidates
- With a number of candidates we will do an in depth interview & case study.
- With two candidates a final interview will be held with more members of the Newion team.
If interested, please apply here.