We’re looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global startup accelerator (50+ countries) and fund that provides world-changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, mentorship, and network necessary to successfully raise, build and scale their business to eventual acquisition.
Our 2,000+ investor network has funded over $450M into companies in the last year and we’re looking for entrepreneurial-oriented individuals who are in it for the long haul to lead our startups to eventual investment returns/exits for our investors.
If you’re looking to make a difference in the world, we’re here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality no matter where in the world you’re located.
The Venture Analyst to Venture Associate Program is a 12-month program designed to take you from the analytical skillset of an Analyst (Due Diligence+Deal Sourcing) to the relational skillset (Sourcing Co-Investors+Portfolio Management) of a Venture Associate, allowing you to build a diverse skillset coaching and mentoring hundreds of startups through our accelerators.
You will be responsible for developing, building, and supporting investor partner relationship development and management for the portfolio alongside a team of Associates, Partners, and other Analysts to both coach and guide your startup portfolio to successful funding, and eventual exits to bring returns to our investors and investor network partners.
This is an opportunity for an individual with strong intellectual capacity, analytical skills, a deep interest in investment management, exceptional business acumen, and a solid work ethic to drive the future growth of our portfolio of startups. Given the size of our accelerator, you’ll work with more startups in a month than most Analyst and Associates do in a year.
We’re looking for competitive, results-driven “team-players” – emphasis on team aspect because while this is an independently incentivized role, we live and die by the great work and sacrifices we all make together via our various programs to help our entrepreneurs grow and succeed – you’ll see some companies fail and some become unicorns, that’s just how it works.
The ideal candidate is an early-career self-starter with exceptional organizational skills, a strong desire to learn the ins and outs of venture capital, and the ability to anticipate the next steps in a variety of contexts. This individual should feel comfortable with ambiguity, be able to work autonomously and be energized by “greasing the wheels” to facilitate success.
This role is full-time only, with no contractors or part-time offers. OTE range is $45,000 to $80,000 based on experience with opportunity for incentive-based compensation, medical benefits, and yearly goal-based bonuses – there is also the opportunity for stock in our company and our portfolio of companies after your initial 90 day ramp-up period.
Culture Fit Requirements:
A compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world – remember that experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will lead to success. In order to be successful in this role, you must have strong startup knowledge, superb interpersonal skills, and charisma, as well as a hunger to help companies succeed.
You must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, able to be humble, trainable mentality, and able to learn on the job- we’re looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup but thrive in it and earn a place on our team. A previous and strong network in startups and the venture community is also a huge benefit and will make you stand out.
You must be hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the vision- able to proactively reach out for guidance, offer and receive guidance from your fellow team members, and solve roadblocks on your own. Our companies will be relying on you and will live and die by your success in helping them or your failure in not giving it your all.
- Build, develop, and manage relationships with new and existing venture, angel, and corporate investors and partners
- Reach out to current and potential investors and partners through phone, email, text, LinkedIn, and AngelList
- Qualify potential investors and partners for our startups, research them, and generate follow through on partnerships
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and investor relationships with our portfolio of startups
- Develop a deep understanding of our companies so that you can promote them to our investor and corporate partners
- Present, promote, and convince investors and partners to set up meetings with and develop relationships with our startups
- Coordinate your efforts with our accelerator director, venture partners, account managers, and other departments
- Track progress of engagements and relationships between investors and startups with status reports to Venture Partners
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in startups and overall funding, accelerator, and investment market
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team to reach your full potential
- Provide management with reports on startup needs, problems, competitive programs, and potential for new opportunities
- 1-3 years experience in tech startups, fundraising, angel investing, or venture capital
- 1-3 years of business development and business relationship management experience
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere, at any-time
- Ability to google, learn independently, and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and “owns” networking events
- Deep understanding of the business relationship development funnel and dynamics
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills to work with partners
- A commitment to excellent customer service and delivering quality products
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills is a must have
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback and coaching
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with Linkedin Sales Navigator,
- Knowledge and experience with CRM Tools (We use Pipedrive)
- Knowledge and experience with Google Drive
- Be a part of a global team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a headquarters in East Austin, Texas
- Industry leader in compensation packages including base plus performance incentives, equity, and company stock.
- Fully covered benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances; plus a 401k program.
- Join an active culture and become a pillar in the startup community with weekly team outings and community events.
- Access to all of our accelerator certificate programs if you launch a startup during your career here (valued at $250k+).
- Active culture with a gym at HQ with bouldering, weight gym, classes, yoga, steam-rooms, and showers on-site.
- Up to 30 days of vacation allotted per year including paid time off/PTO, Holidays, Sick Days, and Election Day off.
- ClassPass membership gives you worldwide access to thousands of top-rated gyms, fitness studios, salons, and spas.
- Weekly catered lunch on Fridays, food trucks on-site on Thursdays, as well as unlimited snacks and Starbucks coffee.
- The 1st Monday of each month, we cater the whole day from a breakfast taco bar to BBQ lunch and top performer dinner.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with thousands of startups around the globe.
If interested, please apply here.