If you’re passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide’s Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
This role can be remote but will need to have the ability to commute into the Columbus OH offices on a routine basis.
CO residents: for compensation information please email TAProces@nationwide.com
Job Description SummaryAs a member of the Nationwide Ventures team, you will have the exciting opportunity to help build a portfolio of early-to-late stage companies shaping the future of insurance and financial services. Nationwide Ventures makes direct investments in startup companies and facilitates partnerships between startups and Nationwide’s business units to help protect and improve the financial security of Nationwide’s customers. As an analyst, you’d work with investment team members to gain expertise in venture capital investing and play an integral part in the investment process through in-depth industry research, thesis and strategy development, due diligence, and ongoing portfolio support.
- Performs in-depth industry, technology, investment, and benchmarking examinations and produces written research / analysis and recommendations utilized by Nationwide Ventures and internal partners to support and promote investment theses and strategy decisions. This includes: screening and underwriting investment memos, white papers, thesis area executive summaries, and presentation decks.
- Supports deal underwriting efforts; reviews and analyzes business plans; performs business, market, product, and team construction due diligence on transactions; researches industries and competitors; and documents findings.
- Builds financial and analytical models and conducts sensitivity analyses on prospect investments and portfolio companies.
- Supports Nationwide Ventures day-to-day operations; assisting with reporting / analysis and ongoing run requirements.
- Supports operational activities including internal business partner management, internal and external marketing efforts, and participates in conferences and other external events to promote Nationwide Ventures in the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to IP/SIP/Sr Director/AVP/VP, Venture Capital and Open Innovation.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Bachelors in related field
Experience: 1-2 years of prior experience in the entrepreneurial and/or the technology focused ecosystem, or 1-2 years of investment experience focused on equity with an interest or focus on technology. Strong analytical and/or modeling skills developed through related experience in venture capital, strategic consulting, investment banking, equity research or business or corporate development. Startup/operator, venture capital, and/or technical experience specifically in the financial services (FinTech) or insurance (InsurTech) industry sectors a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: General understanding of investment processes and valuation methodologies. Knowledge of financial services, banking, and insurance a strong differentiation. A great teammate with a low ego who is self-motivating and takes initiative; work effectively and flexibly as part of a high-performing team. Detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities across a variety of tasks and timelines. Ability to make well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations regarding research and analysis. Ability to work both independently and with a team under tight timeframes in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment. Excellent personal rapport and ability to engender trust and respect across Nationwide. Excellent verbal and written communication, and strong business and creative writing skills.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional travel. Non-standard or extended work may be required based on project needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.#investmentsNationwide utilizes a geographic-specific salary structure. For the salary range in Colorado, email email@example.com.
If interested, please apply here.