Moonshots Capital makes later seed stage investments in technology startups led by exceptional founders who are building products that “re-imagine” work and personal life in large and growing markets. We bring a disciplined approach to the investment process to identify companies with “moonshot” potential. We invest in passionate, high-caliber founders with BIG ideas who are building products to change the future. We form close working relationships with the companies we back to help them grow and achieve their critical milestones. Our investment thesis is simple: LEADERSHIP is the most critical factor in determining the success of a venture. Kelly Perdew and Craig Cummings are the founding partners of the firm and work in Los Angeles and Austin. We are looking for resources in both locations to augment the team.
The range of activities is wide and includes:
- Conduct market research and due diligence on potential investments.
- Search proactively for top investment opportunities, including discovering and meeting entrepreneurs who have founded businesses in which Moonshots Capital may be interested in investing.
- Provide assistance with our portfolio companies, including financial analysis, research reports.
- Assist our back-office team with Investor reporting including: the collection of data, creation of reports, valuation analyses and written communications.
- Execute independent projects offering value to Moonshots Capital on a case-by-case basis.
- Assist in the development of internal communications and thought leadership around investment activity and areas of focus.
- Build external relationships with investors and entrepreneurs and assist with and manage parts of our marketing program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of work experience managing operations or projects in consulting, startup or corporate environments
- Prior experience in Operations, Investing and/or an MBA is a bonus
- Desire to learn the VC business
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Project and process management experience
- Desire for an operations role
- Excellent execution, project management, and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills – able to communicate complexity simply
- Comfortable working in teams and interacting with colleagues, portfolio companies and partners at all levels; high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Positive attitude, independent and self-starting
- Creative problem-solver
- Enjoys getting involved in a wide variety of areas and activities
- Military Veteran a plus
- Experience with Project Management Software (Slack/Google Docs/Trello), Portfolio Software (Carta), and CRM software (Pipedrive, Mailchimp) and AirTable is a plus
If interested, please apply here.