M25 is a Chicago based venture capital firm focused on Pre-Seed and Seed stage startups in the Midwest region. Investing across multiple industries, M25 is the most active investor in the region with investments in over 120 companies since inception in 2015. With unprecedented momentum in the Midwest region, joining the M25 team means being able to take part in investing in disruptive, category-defining companies born out of one of the most exciting emerging markets in the industry.
We’re hiring an analyst to join our investment team who will play a key role in managing our due diligence process, track our portfolio companies’ key metric, and maintain internal fund monitoring and reporting. This role is designed to provide you with exposure to all aspects of investing in Pre-Seed and Seed stage startups, but does not involve sourcing deals.
If you are looking to be challenged every day and make a huge impact, then this job is for you! Ideal candidates are passionate about research and analytics as well as willing to tackle and juggle a wide array of critical tasks.
Start Date: January 2022
Breakdown of Responsibilities:
- 40% Deal-Based Work
- Conduct due diligence (financial, market, product, & competitive analysis) to assist team in making investment decisions through detailed notes and verbal briefs
- Assist in writing investment memos
- 30% Project-Based Work
- Gather and monitor key financial and operating metrics from portfolio companies
- Help maintain internal fund reporting and and track investments
- Draft and manage quarterly LP reports and portfolio company updates
- Quantitative research for our annual Midwest Startup City Rankings
- 20% Data Management & Analytics
- Develop robust & dynamic financial analysis to model investment trajectories, exit returns, and others as necessary
- Help maintain internal fund reporting and track investment FMV
- Perform ad-hoc financial and other analysis on existing M25 portfolio investments, as required
- 10% Research
- Conduct general market and industry research
- Consistently stay up-to-date on tech and VC happenings
- Strong Analytical Ability
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communications
- Hard Working
- Team Player
- Enjoys Research
- Proficient in Google Sheets, Google Slides, & Microsoft Excel
- Located in Chicago, IL or open to Relocation
- Coding Experience (preferred, not required)
- Health Insurance
- Vision & Dental Insurance (optional)
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Ample PTO
- Free Lunch on Mondays
- In-Office Snacks
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
We are keenly aware that diverse teams make better decisions, and we welcome candidates of every race, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, and veteran status.
Submit your resume and a cover letter describing:
- why are you excited about this role,
- what makes you a great fit for this role, and
- why you would be excited to work for M25.
If interested, please apply here.