Looking for a challenging investment career. This opportunity is for you!
As a member of the LM Ventures team, you will be responsible for creating and managing a balanced portfolio of investments for one of our business areas.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Source, Lead, and Manage investment opportunities consistent with defined investment space and the process to assess them and their value to LMT/LMV and to influence or manage a group to do the same.
- Develop, Document and Execute overall investment strategies and implementation plans.
- Evaluate business plans (team, product, IP, market, channels)
- Conduct due diligence.
- Negotiate the deal structure.
- Work with Financial VCs and assist with syndicating investments, when necessary.
- Maintain Corporate confidentiality and disclosure protocol
- Champion investments through the internal approval process
- Determine competition for deals (corporate or private funds, investment banks, other)
- Manage relationships with the Startup Company and potential investors, pre- and post-investment. Actively manage investments through life-cycle and exit: Including elements of JDPs and work within LMT to achieve strategic and financial investment goals.
- Facilitate business relationships between portfolio companies and operating units
- Support existing portfolio companies, recommend follow-up investments where warranted.
- Build collegial relations within CVC, with other BA personnel who are critical to deals, and with VCs
- Represent LMV internally and externally (director or observer roles, industry committees, seminars etc.)
- Show exemplary behavior consistent with LMT core values (honesty, integrity, mutual trust and respect)
- Present to senior management.
Preferred work location is at or within close proximity to one of our major facilities in the United States.
- Knowledge of company capital and operating structures.
- Working knowledge of P&L statements, balance sheets
- Experience with creating and analyzing corporate business plans
- Technology fluency with financial acumen
- Preferred previous experience in Venture investing.
- Lead development, corporate analytical methods, project management.
- Exhibit strong organization and communication skills: written and oral.
- BS, MS or PhD; preferred Science, Engineering or Technology discipline.
- MBA or 2-3+ years General Management P&L experience or Operations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
If interested, please apply here.