Lewis and Clark Ventures is a founder focused fund that invests in early stage companies located between the coasts. We partner with exceptional entrepreneurs who are leveraging technology to solve meaningful problems. We draw on our experiences as founders and investors to help companies accelerate growth from 10 to 100. With over $175M in AUM, we’ve successfully partnered with breakout companies like Beam, SummerSalt, Benson Hill, and MedAvail (MDVL). Lewis and Clark Ventures provides founders with the support, experience, and capital they need to make their bold visions a reality.
Your Day To Day Responsibilities Will Include
Our Analyst role is an ideal fit for someone starting a career in venture capital or an aspiring founder who wants to learn how to build a great company. In this entry-level investing role, you will work closely with our senior investment professionals in sourcing, evaluating, investing, and supporting portfolio companies. You will meet founders, attend events, engage industry experts, and build relationships with fellow VCs.
- Supporting the due diligence process with financial modeling and analysis, returns modeling and analysis, market sizing and assessment, and competitive analysis.
- Researching industries and technologies related to pipeline opportunities or areas of interest.
- Summarizing due diligence and drafting investment memos.
- Identifying potential investment opportunities.
- Participating actively in team meetings and discussions on topics like pipeline opportunities, areas of interest and portfolio companies.
- Building relationships with founders, investors and industry experts.
Analyst candidates must be intellectually curious, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and love working with others. Additionally, candidates should:
- Have 2+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or venture capital, OR have demonstrated their entrepreneurial spirit for 2+ years (perhaps by working or consulting for a startup, launching a side project, volunteering in the startup community, etc.)
- Possess strong communication, business, research, and financial modeling skills.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and feel comfortable making decisions despite uncertainty.
IF interested, please apply here.