Legacy Venture is an established venture capital fund-of-funds, a limited partner (LP) of venture capital funds. Legacy invests in a select group of premier venture capital firms in the U.S. and China who in turn invest in world-changing companies including Airbnb, Facebook, LinkedIn, Peloton, and Pinduoduo. Legacy manages capital on behalf of over 600 philanthropists, who donate both their principal and gains to the philanthropic causes of their choice. Legacy has distributed over $1.3 billion to thousands of global philanthropic causes.
We are looking for the next star member of Legacy’s investment team to help us continue delivering industry-leading financial returns. You will work closely with all six members of our investment team, working with leading venture funds to make the world a better place. You will gain unique experience and perspective to build a successful career as an LP in the technology and venture capital industries.
We are a close-knit team, and you will have multiple roles across all of our investment work. You will assist with due diligence of potential venture fund investments, portfolio monitoring, data analysis, and research. You’ll need to bring an exemplary work ethic and be a self-motivated professional with a commitment to excellence. Ready to help us change the world?
Summary of the role:
- Keep us current – great decisions require current and accurate information, and as the world becomes more data-driven, help us operate with the best data, mastered by you; keep us informed with news and activities in the venture capital industry. Your monitoring and analysis will provide vital insights into the early detection of important changes.
- Help us make great investments – meet with venture funds, conduct fundamental analysis, provide support in due diligence, probe databases & external resources. Help us stay ahead of this fast-moving international venture world by assessing the ever-evolving technology landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of work experience required; preferably with rigorous quantitative or analytical experience.
- Experience or strong interest in startups and technology industry.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete projects independently on a timely basis.
- You are proactive and self-motivated; can manage a high volume of work with excellence and pride in a job well done.
- You find new people and businesses stimulating; you are curious and can learn from most interactions. You enjoy capturing detailed notes and working with a team to identify key insights.
- Motivated by our mission. Have a mindset of team-first and no entitlement. A positive attitude and high regard for personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a willingness to continually improve.
- Excellent computer skills – Strong knowledge of Excel, including advanced functions; eager to learn and use new tools to improve our effectiveness and efficiency, such as Tableau, Airtable, etc.
If interested, please apply here.