LDV Capital is looking for 1-2 Analysts to join our team to help us identify, analyze and evaluate opportunities to invest. You will be a major contributor to all aspects of our fund from sourcing, market research, due diligence and supporting our portfolio companies.
As part of our investment team you’ll help us make sure that we see all relevant investment opportunities by proactively finding startups, reviewing incoming leads, building great relationships with various people in the visual tech ecosystem and helping maintain and develop our global brand, reputation and platform. Consider an Analyst role at LDV Capital as one of the fastest ways to learn, build your network, and advance your career.
We are looking for people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and empowering entrepreneurs in the earliest days of their businesses. We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious, has strong analytical and communication skills. We are open to candidates ranging from recent college graduates to candidates with a graduate degree (though formal degrees are not required) and/or a year or two of relevant work experience. It is definitely a plus if you have worked at startups and/or if you have technical knowledge in computer vision, artificial intelligence, and/or machine learning.
We are recruiting for this position using an open process but it is always a plus if you can find a way to connect to us through your network. We believe the quality of your work as it is reflected in your dialogue with others, online and in-person, is a more important indicator of your potential than any traditional credentials.
Check out what some of our past Summer Analysts & Associates have to say about working with us. After working with us, our past Analysts and Associates have continued their career at other venture funds, joining startups and starting their own startups. Be patient with us as we sort through all of the incoming applications, we want to thoroughly review all potential candidates. We will get back to you as quickly as we can. Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!
LDV Capital, based in NYC and presently working remote during the pandemic, invests in people building businesses powered by visual technology. We typically work with deep technical teams who leverage computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence. LDV portfolio companies have raised follow-on capital from Sequoia, Union Square Ventures, FirstMark and other top tier funds.
- Two-year role based out of NYC
- Source investment opportunities
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which could entail financial or other analytics modeling and testing products and services
- Meet with entrepreneurs who have started businesses LDV may be interested in investing in
- Work with LDV portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and attending board meetings
- Design and execute projects of your own direction that help LDV and/or our portfolio companies
- Identify, research and report on new visual tech markets and trends
- Help organize and attend industry events representing LDV
- Report to our investors, which includes helping value our investments, writing quarterly updates, and presenting the material for our investors
- Knowledge and interest in the technology ecosystem (bonus – understanding of visual tech). You can understand and talk credibly about tech innovations with entrepreneurs and investors
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to learn
- Strong critical thinking.
- Good with numbers. You will be able to source market figures and work with the numbers to assess the potential addressable market for business opportunities
- Adept communicator with a network of individuals who think highly of you – you’ll be often talking to entrepreneurs and investors on behalf of LDV
- Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail under time pressure
- Strong drive and the ability to self-direct – your work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little, if any, management or direction
- Digital dexterity – comfortable working with online tools
- Entrepreneurial/operating experience is a plus
- Prior computer vision, machine learning or programming experience is a plus
- Must have the ability to work in the US
- Own your projects
- Interact and learn from venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and technologists
- Meet & build a network of investors, startups, and serial entrepreneurs in New York, Silicon Valley and Europe
- Increase expertise on how companies are started, grow and succeed
- Full time position with health benefits and family leave
- Submit the online form with a copy of your resume and answers to the following questions:
- What interests you most about our Analyst opportunity?
- What job would you like to have in 3 years?
- What is the worst job you ever held and why?
- What three words would your recent boss or professor use to explain your work style?
- Are there any applications of visual technologies you are particularly excited about? Why?
If interested, please apply here.