Title, Department: Venture Analyst (intern), K50 Ventures
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: August 14, 2021
Apply here by April 14, 2021
We are looking for thoughtful, empathetic, and ambitious individuals that have the experience and passion for solving problems within Housing, Health, Wellness, Food, Education, or Future of Work. You will be instrumental in shaping our theses and strategy for investing in these sectors.
Candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry, start-up technology companies, and a hunger for solving the world’s biggest problems. As a Venture Analyst, you will focus on assisting the firm’s research deep dives to support thesis development while gaining exposure to key areas of venture capital including thought leadership, investment memo creation, as well as deal sourcing, diligence, and execution. You will work closely with the K50 Ventures investment team, who will serve as resources and mentors throughout the program.
The ideal candidate will be entering their first or second year of an MBA, MS, JD, PhD or a comparable graduate program in the Fall of 2021. We are also open to individuals with a few years of startup experience looking to transition into a career in VC.
Please see our Summer 2020 Venture Analysts here!
Please note that this opportunity was created to expose individuals to careers in venture capital and is not expected to lead to a full-time position at K50 Ventures.
K50 Ventures backs world-class founders on a mission to make life better for the 99%. We invest in Pre-seed and Seed stage mission-driven founders that are making work and life better for the 99% economy. We are thesis-driven, geographic agnostic, and focused on the categories of housing, health & wellness, education, finances, and future of work. Our goal is to become the world’s most well-recognized mission-driven venture fund on the planet.
We have 135+ investments in the K50 Ventures portfolio including Mammoth Biosciences, Self, Radish, Possible Finance, Easyknock, 100Plus, Cover Technologies, OrthoFX, Frubana, Ayenda Rooms, Winnie, Pillar, Teal, and many more. You can view our portfolio here.
K50 Ventures is one of the most active Pre-seed venture capital funds in the US, performing near the top decile of all funds around the globe. We spun out of Kairos, a venture studio that started out as the Kairos fellowship founded in 2008. Kairos Fellows went on to build companies like Casper (CSPR), Brex, and Freenome.
- Complete one or more sector-specific deep dives and analyze investment opportunities in support of our thesis-driven approach
- Write 1 (or more) Medium posts sharing insights and investment theses
- Act as an integral part of our team and work closely with the founding partners and other team members to perform industry research, thesis development, and evaluation of companies
- Participate in virtual networking events to expand network with the tech and venture community
- Support on and develop new processes and initiatives that improve fund and portfolio operations
- Participate in the investment pipeline meeting each week
- Work on ad hoc projects with portfolio companies
- Source and track new founders, co-investors, experts, and mentors to join the K50 Ventures network
- Location: Remote
- Currently pursuing an MBA, MS, JD, PhD in science, business or other disciplines. We are also open to non-traditional candidates that can demonstrate a genuine interest in venture capital.
- A deep passion for K50 Venture’s mission and approach to venture capital and entrepreneurship.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience, preferably with the following credentials:
- Experience in the private sector through venture capital, strategy consulting at a top-tier firm, or private equity. Experience working in public policy, workforce development, poverty, or social impact. Experience working in strategy consulting, equity research, or private equity with the ability to analyze industry trends. Experience working on the ground in emerging markets (e.g. LATAM, Africa, etc.)
- Skill Set:
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Creative and independent self-starter who takes a high degree of personal responsibility for work product
- Strong critical thinking and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analysis skills, including experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods and research design
- Resourcefulness, solid judgment, and ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment; strong teammate
- An amazing look inside early-stage startup investing and venture creation
- A role where you have 90% autonomy and will come out with tangible results and relationships. Reminiscent of a full-time venture job
- Diverse and dynamic work environment — one day you are modeling and doing market analysis on a particular problem and the next producing an event to speak about that problem intimately
- Access to the top tier venture capital and startup ecosystem
- While this is an unpaid internship you will gain real experience that you can leverage into a future role in venture capital or a high growth venture-backed startup
- Submit your application via this link by April 14, 2021
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Venture Analyst. We look forward to hearing from you!