InvestX Capital Ltd. is a young fast-moving company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, Palantir, AirBnb, SpaceX, and Pinterest in retail size allotments for the first time. InvestX has 45 teammates working out of offices in New York and Vancouver.
InvestX is investing out of its third fund and has historical annualized returns of over 40%. InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times, Forbes and others.
As an Analyst, you will play a key role in evaluating companies, performing analysis, and completing due diligence projects. Your activities include screening, due diligence, and supporting the execution of new investments, ongoing monitoring of existing investments, participating in various projects, and staying abreast of trends in the private market.
Location: New York or Vancouver
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis on private markets, with a focus on trends emerging across the venture capital landscape
- Work closely with the team to generate data points to support research, while also creating insightful tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Write and edit research reports
- Assist in valuing each portfolio investment by building cash flow and valuation models, reviewing investment models and operating reports, and researching industry-specific events
- Contribute to the preparations for, and participate in, regular portfolio reviews
- Respond to client-related requests including diligence requests and one-time projects
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Computer Science Preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), IRRs, asset allocations, fund benchmarks, KPIs etc.
- 3+ years research experience, either in equity research, investment banking, Venture Capital, or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in venture capital, growth equity, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of or passion for emerging trends in climate and energy technologies preferred
- Critical thinker
- Detail-oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency
If interested, please apply here.