The Insurtech Gateway is the fastest place to build and launch an insurtech start-up. We provide founders with insurance underwriting paper, advice on how to design and build an insurtech, and investment from inception through to Series B. We are a hybrid team of entrepreneurs, tech innovators and insurance experts. We look at problems from unusual angles and combine our breadth of knowledge to ﬁnd unique solutions.
We believe in the power of insurance and exist to support and advise the next generation of insurtech founders, who share our vision of creating revolutionary insurance products. The companies in our portfolio are taking on the most challenging concepts the space has to offer, from the world’s first cryptocurrency insurance to building brand new products around instant event-based pay-outs.
We are now looking for an Analyst to join our London office. This person will help source, diligence, and debate investment ideas. This a position of enormous growth potential and requires an intellectually curious, organised, and highly motivated self-starter who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are excited by the future of insurance, technology and entrepreneurship, this could be a great role for you.
Origination: You will source, screen, analyse and track start-ups that are relevant to our investment strategy. Over time you will build close relationships with founders, investors and actors across the insurtech ecosystem. You must be a natural networker, likeable and enjoy learning fast.
Analysis: You will conduct detailed due diligence of potential investment opportunities and produce in-depth analysis of market trends and emerging spaces. You will test assumptions and, over time, build your own theses. You must be comfortable conducting analysis where there are limited data points, and no clear answers.
Operational support: You will work across our investment, portfolio management and platform functions, becoming the go-to person for our internal operating functions. You’ll be expected to jump in at the deep end and be comfortable taking charge of a range of activities, from coordinating calendars to communicating with our stakeholders and running founder seminars.
- Academic brilliance: Degree from an undergraduate university, or an equivalent demonstrator of your exceptional intellectual ability
- Relevant work experience: In entrepreneurship, investing, strategy, insurance, or another field that makes us excited that you would really add value to our team
- Strong analytical skills: The ability to analyse potential investment opportunities and spaces through qualitative and quantitative due diligence. You must be intellectually curious and able to think outside the box.
- Communication: Superior communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Genuine passion: An understanding of the challenges of the startup journey, and a good general understanding of insurance, finance, and tech
- Energy and enthusiasm: A highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable outside your comfort zone
- Attention to detail: An unrelenting work ethic and relentless attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence: Strong communication, interpersonal and social skills, and an in interest in building long-lasting relationships
- Values and standards: Integrity, respect for others and a commitment to hold yourself to the highest standards
WHAT YOU WOULD GET
- The opportunity to work with a close-knit and highly motivated team of investors, innovators and entrepreneurs building the future of insurance
- All the resources you’ll need to learn and grow
- A generous benefits package
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Analyst candidate – your name’.