INCA Ventures is a venture capital fund based in Lima, Peru investing in seed stage startups in the Andean region with a focus on fintech.
About the role:
As an Analyst, you will be part of the Investment Team, learning about the latest trends in fintech in Latin America, and developing tools to evaluate the merits and risks of potential investments. You will be responsible for tracking, managing, and analyzing our deal flow, while also assisting in investment due diligence, and select efforts to support our current portfolio companies.
This is a role that primarily supports efforts led by senior team members in a fund that is itself a startup environment. It is important to be a flexible and resourceful self-starter who embraces a team attitude. The role is designed for a person post undergrad with at least 1-3 years of work experience.
Examples of the type of work you will be doing:
- Identifying technologies and trends in fintech that will positively impact economies and societies and represent attractive venture investment opportunities;
- Carrying out market and company due diligence on investment opportunities;
- Working with our portfolio companies to support them;
- Supporting with fund reporting and analyses;
- Embedded in a small team, allowing for a steep learning curve and significant exposure to the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
You are a positive, can-do person excited to roll up your sleeves, learn a ton working on the front lines of an early-stage venture fund, and work with awesome investors and founders. You’re self-motivated, eager to jump in, and aren’t afraid of ambiguity.
Ideal candidates show up with a read on emerging market opportunities and a passion for fintech, but most importantly with the curiosity to go deeper and learn more.
INCA Ventures is proud of our commitment to diversity. We prioritize building a team diverse in gender, ethnicity, background, experience, and skills, and hope our new team member will bring a fresh perspective shaped by their own upbringing and life experiences.
- Passion for fintech and a desire to move the needle on financial inclusion;
- At least 1-3 years of prior experience, preferably at a fintech, or other type of startup;
- Fluent in English;
- Interest in learning more about the venture capital and technology markets;
- Prior experience conducting industry or company level due diligence (aka research);
- Self-starter – be able to run on your own, identify opportunities, and prioritize without much guidance;
- Strong writing skills with a focus on the ability to clearly and concisely articulate a complex thesis;
- Excited to help us tackle both firm-building and more traditional venture analyst work, in other words, a combo of operating and analytical work;
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to complicated processes and work streams;
- Clear and organized communication, both written and verbal (e.g. memos, decks, emails, presentations);
- Proficiency in workplace tools, e.g. Excel, Affinity, Google Drive;
- Ability to carry out market and financial analyses;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Peru.
We expect a lot from our Analyst, and in return we commit to creating an experience that will be extremely rewarding and a great opportunity to get started in the venture capital business. Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience.
To apply please fill out this form.