Since launching in 2013, our vision has continued to evolve. What started as a group of serial entrepreneurs testing various business ideas has grown into an investment firm that is on pace to make 30 investments by 2025.
Our investment thesis was born out of our desire to bring targeted, strategic capital to early-stage companies.
iiM invests at the Seed and Series A stage across the United States and Canada in companies that fit our focus areas of agriculture, animal health, and human health. In addition to being able to provide expertise in these areas, we are bullish in our desire to support companies that will enable our global population to thrive as we approach 10 billion people living on our planet in 2050.
Our diligence process includes a robust review of the startup company by our professional staff, industry experts and later-stage investors so that we have a deep understanding of the potential upside and areas of risk for every company in which we invest.
We take an active approach to investing by building relationships with our portfolio company founders and providing them with ongoing support throughout the lifetime of our investment. Our connections and expertise in the industries we specialize in enables us to be a valued partner for startups poised for growth.
- Sourcing new investment opportunities that fit the firm’s investment thesis and investor interests.
- Cultivating relationships with other investor group leaders, VC funds, local university entrepreneurship programs, business incubators and accelerators, and other collaborative partners.
- Developing financial models (P&L, BS, CF, cap table, waterfalls) to forecast business performance, costs, and simulate potential return scenarios.
- Supporting due diligence efforts such as conducting market research, analyzing the business’s competitive landscape, facilitating meetings with iiM investors and other stakeholders, and working directly with company founders to gather and review a variety of documentation.
- Creating presentations and investor communications to support new and ongoing investments, as well as report the progress of portfolio companies.
- Managing the firm’s investor portal and closing process for new investments.
- Preparing for investor meetings by coordinating logistics and providing additional support.
- Participating in strategic planning for the firm and being an integral team member in its growth plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, business or finance field preferred.
- Prior professional experience where desired skills have been practiced and proven.
- Willingness to work in our corporate office in Merriam, KS.
- Interest in and background knowledge of investing in startups and the venture capital lifecycle.
- Desire to launch a career in venture capital and be involved in all aspects of the investment process.
- Excellent communication skills, high level of work ethic, eagerness to learn, enjoy networking with new people, high sense of urgency, ability to manage multiple projects with various timelines.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com