Hitachi Ventures is a strategic corporate venture capital firm that invests in exciting early-stage startups that can benefit from the reach and scale Hitachi offers as a potential partner. We have a broad investment mandate in both stage and sector, with a particular interest in supporting exceptional entrepreneurs driving social good, especially in the areas of Environment and Healthcare.
VENTURE CAPITAL ANALYST: The Analyst will have a love and appreciation for startups, and requires the confidence and skills that enable effective collaboration with senior leaders in both the startup community as well as a complex multinational organization. The Analyst will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the venture capital process while contributing to the growth of the firm. This is a Boston-based role.
– Support deal sourcing by identifying and screening investment opportunities and their alignment with the Fund’s core investment themes
– Perform and coordinate activities such as market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation and knowledge sharing
– Support efforts to deliver to Hitachi business leaders an outside-in view of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, while collaborating with these leaders to understand where we can best add value
– Collaborate on investment memos and participate in investment discussions
– Support the creation and maintenance of tools that help continuously improve our operations
– Grow the Hitachi Ventures brand through social media, PR support, and other branding efforts
– Help recruit, manage, and mentor interns
– Technical degree (science, engineering, or technology discipline)
– At least one year of relevant science, engineering, technology, or strategy consulting work experience
– Only candidates allowed to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE / SKILLS: – One year of relevant investment experience is a plus (venture capital, private equity, corporate development, investment banking, startup) – Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated with ability to articulate ideas in group setting – Strong technical skills with Microsoft Office and ability to customize and optimize the latest SaaS productivity products – Demonstrated excitement related to the entrepreneurial ecosystem
BENEFITS: – Hitachi Ventures offers competitive salary commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, vacation, and paid holidays.
If interested, please apply here.