GSR is a market leader in the programmatic trading of crypto and crypto derivatives. With principal operations in the UK, US, and Singapore, and a technology team in Switzerland, we provide sophisticated execution and liquidity services to token projects, institutional and HNW investors, and crypto exchanges.
GSR is an active, multi-stage investor in some of the most influential projects in crypto. We’re excited to be opening up an Analyst role on our venture investments team to help us scale our activities in this portion of our business and continue to invest in promising teams building the future of finance and technology.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to engage with teams on the cutting edge of crypto markets and contribute to GSR’s venture investment strategy and execution. The analyst will play a key role in our investment processes and have responsibility for deploying capital and take on key operational and reporting responsibilities for our investment team.
- Enhance & maintain GSR’s investment tracking, processes, and tools by identifying opportunities to continually improve how we do our work.
- Own elements of deal execution from initial sourcing through final closing, collaborating with cross-functional counterparts in finance, legal and operations.
- Analyze and review investment performance on a historical and go-forward basis. In addition, you will help evolve and enhance our reporting by identifying areas of opportunity.
- Provide thorough, insightful, and efficient due diligence, including financial analysis & modeling, technical diligence, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Create presentation materials for internal and external audiences for both the investment team and GSR’s portfolio companies
- Leverage software solutions to increase efficiencies within the performance reporting, deal execution and deal flow management process.
- Create and manage models/dashboards that deliver key insights on industry developments and trends
- Support ad-hoc projects related to the Firm’s priorities and initiatives
- Demonstrated commercial experience in Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting
- Experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, Operations or Business Development at a technology company is a major plus
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one where people leadership was required
- Strong written and oral communication skills – able to clearly and concisely explain concepts and investment theses
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives
- Team player, proactive and action oriented, anticipates needs, organized, is assertive, and is highly accountable
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across the various functional groups within GSR
- Ability to quickly build trust with other team members as well as entrepreneurs and the investor community
- Experience in financial modeling and data and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a technical field preferred but not required
Founded in 2013, we are one of the first established players in a nascent space, and have developed a leading market position serving key exchanges and clients globally.
GSR specializes in providing liquidity, risk management strategies and structured products to sophisticated global investors in the digital assets industry. Our leadership team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, Blackstone and Tower Research Capital, among others, has created one of the world’s fastest, most robust, and transparent digital asset trading systems.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 50 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. As a founding member of The Association for Digital Asset Markets (ADAM), GSR is also a leader in establishing and maintaining industry standards and protocols to support the healthy development and evolution of the global digital assets industry.
If interested, please apply here.