Gratitude Railroad Overview:
Gratitude Railroad is an investing firm and community network on a mission to transform capitalism to be a force for good in the world. We host a series of webinars, dinners, roundtables and events aimed at driving more capital into the field of impact, and we invest in mission-driven startups with the potential to deliver social or environmental impact and attractive financial returns.
We are seeking an enthusiastic junior analyst to support our investment team. You will help source, screen and evaluate early-stage venture deals, perform market research, provide post-investment support to portfolio companies, build relationships in the industry, and support community-based initiatives to deepen the impact of our work and broaden our network. We are looking for a purpose-driven, self-directed individual who is eager to drive impact and support the dynamic needs of our growing organization.
- Investments: You will be involved in the entire investment process across our direct investments and impact infrastructure opportunities, including:
- Managing our calendar of activities and interactions with the Partners Group
- Developing our pipeline and database of investment opportunities
- Conducting market and competitive research on a variety of impact areas across social and environmental issues
- Support the due diligence process, build investment theses and financial models
- Collect impact data
- Monitor/report on existing investments
- Community Building: As a small and mighty team, we share cross-functional responsibilities and chip in wherever help is needed.
- Manage our “CRM” to track the investment community and support ongoing relationships with co-investment, diligence, and deal flow partners
- Develop our database of research and resources on the industry, track industry events
- Assist in the development of our public presence – web, social media, newsletter etc.
- Attend relevant industry events
- Build relationships with investors, fund managers, due diligence partners and domain experts
- Research new investment ideas, including funds as well as sectors/market trends for our direct investments
- Attend webinars and events
- Research on the market/competitive landscape, develop presentations/white papers
- Deal Work – Due Diligence and Execution
- Manage the pipeline, conduct diligence calls with entrepreneurs and stakeholders, perform competitive analyses, and build financial models
- Assist in writing our investment memorandums and preparing materials for the Partners group
- Impact Tracking:
- Work with portfolio companies to collect impact data, report on the impact and DEI metrics of our portfolio
- Presentations and Meetings:
- Assist in scheduling and preparing deliverables for monthly and quarterly Partner convenings
- Strategy & Planning
- Given the early stage of the organization and small team, you will be asked to help in the development of our business strategy and process refinement
Estimated Time Allocation:
- 50% market and competitive research, investment due diligence, deliverable and presentation prep, GRR Partner communication
- 30% focused on GRR strategy, ad hoc projects, community building
- 10% ongoing portfolio support (direct investments + funds)
- 10% attending events, webinars, conferences, sourcing deals
- Exceptional work ethic and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn, self-aware, and professional
- Self-starter that takes initiative and operates efficiently in the absence of structure; track record of going above and beyond what is asked
- Knowledge of and commitment to social and environmental justice (personal, professional or academic)
- Awareness and appreciation of diverse cultural values and beliefs, one’s own and others;
- Excellent academic record and strong analytical and financial abilities
- Comfortable working in a remote team environment
- Excellent personal and professional references
- Technical Skills: Formal Writing, Powerpoint Presentation, Excel
- Technical Knowledge: Financial Modeling, Investing, Startups
We value “distance travelled” 1 equally as much as pedigree and hope to attract talent with a diverse set of experiences, perspectives and skills that aligns with our firm values.
- You possess a strong sense of integrity, compassion for others and team-orientation
- You share our commitment to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and racial justice – as evidenced through your professional or personal activities – and are willing to participate in cultural proficiency training or other activities to continue improving the workplace environment and services.
1 Concept borrowed from our friends at Kapor Capital, meaning: your lived experience, your personal story and the
challenges and obstacles you’ve overcome
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in investing, investment banking or management consulting, entrepreneurship
- Bachelor’s degree
- Marketing or branding experience a plus
- Annual Salary
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits and HSA
- 401K and Company Contribution
- Flexible PTO and work location
We highly encourage underrepresented candidates to apply for this position.
Please email Tknowles@gratituderailroad.com:
- Subject line: “Gratitude Railroad Analyst Position”
- Include an updated resume and a brief cover letter illustrating who you are and why you would be a great fit for this role!
We look forward to getting to know you!
*Gratitude Railroad supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.*
About Gratitude Railroad:
Gratitude Railroad is an impact investing firm and community network guided by a vision to transform capitalism to be a force for greater good. Since 2013, we have educated and convened 750+ asset owners and allocators who are dedicated to moving investments from traditional finance into impact. We bring together accomplished impact investors, fund managers, entrepreneurs, NGOs, academics and impact service providers to unlock resources and opportunities for our investment community.
Through our dedicated group of investment partners, we syndicate capital to make direct equity investments and seed emerging impact fund managers. We also incubate innovative ideas and capital structures in collaboration with our ecosystem partners.