Global PayTech Ventures, based in Miami, FL is actively seeking a self-motivated and independent professional to join their staff as their new Venture Analyst. In this role, you will specialize in identifying, researching, due diligence, and monitoring both new and existing venture capital fund allocations.
As a Venture Analyst you will help manage the investment opportunity pipeline. We have a strong inflow of investment opportunities, and you will help us understand who is worth our time and attention. You will manage the logistics and keep track of prospects we should evaluate. You will also participate in our calls and meetings with startups, so you’ll develop a strong understanding of which companies meet our investment thesis.
- Keep track of Founder’s emails and respond to inquiries.
- Act as a first level filter/ diligence — write ‘invitation’ emails as well as rejection emails on behalf of the Founder.
- Develop concise summaries describing startups business
- Schedule calls, next steps. Keep track of Founder’s schedule and team calendar.
- Help us evaluate and integrate a CRM database management system for keeping track of prospective companies.
- Write meeting minutes.
- Develop thesis on investment opportunities, based on financial and strategic analysis.
- Assist the managing directors throughout the investment process from sourcing deals to screening/due diligence/writing memos.
- Brand ambassador for/of GPT.
- Create a synergistic relationship between GPT and startups.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; 2-3 years of full-time work experience.
- Prior Sales and Operations experience in Venture capital or startup ideal/preferable, especially in the payments industry
- Quick learner and have the ability to learn/adopt new systems and technologies.
- Ability to exercise absolute discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- High energy, professional and friendly personality with a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong project management skills; exceptional task and time management.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills for identifying business and commercial drivers of startups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally and effectively; ability to articulate complex business ideas.
- Great at breaking down complex ideas down to their core and communicating them effectively.
- High degree of self-motivation, initiative, and flexibility.
- Strong interest in fintech and specifically paytech sector.
- High capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a high intensity fast paced environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience (Outlook Calendar, Teams) and web-based application skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Competitive salary with potential to earn bonus.
- Health insurance for full-time employees.
- Paid time off vacation.
- You’ll join a company with a futuristic/global vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of talented, ambitious and collaborative colleagues!
If interested, please apply here.