Flyover Capital is seeking an exceptional full-time Analyst to become a member of the team and work to further our mission of creating the next generation of technology success stories in the region. Flyover Capital is an entrepreneurial organization serving entrepreneurs. Candidates should relish the opportunity to problem solve and forge new and improved processes with limited direction. A desire to investigate new technologies and trends and a passion for serving entrepreneurs in underserved markets is a pre-requisite. Financial analysis and/or modeling experience is essential, preferably within venture capital, private equity, corporate finance, or a technology startup. Other previous financial and/or entrepreneurial experience of any kind within information technology is a significant plus.Responsibilities:
- Provide due diligence and quantitative financial support for potential investments with activities ranging from financial modeling to testing products to customer validation.
- Conduct analysis and deliver presentations of market research on industry verticals, competitive landscape, and technology trends to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps.
- Support Flyover Capital portfolio companies including but not limited to research projects and competitive analysis.
- Assist Flyover Capital team with due diligence, writing investment memos, and assembling reports for our investors.
- Coordinate outreach to target investments. May conduct initial diligence calls.
- Design and execute self-directed projects that help Flyover Capital and/or our portfolio companies.
- Represent Flyover Capital in a manner consistent with the firm’s values and in a way that enhances the brand.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of ownership to delve into new technology and markets with minimal guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial and empowered work environment.
- Expressed desire to create a lasting impact on the technology landscape in underserved regions.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical, and research skills; ability to ramp quickly on subject matter and synthesize salient information into succinct verbal and written communication
- Proficient modeling in Excel, importing/exporting data, and presenting in verbal and written format.
- A bachelor’s degree or MBA
- Previous experience and knowledge of finance and technology acquired through working at a tech startup, consulting firm, investment bank, and/or other venture capital/private equity firm.
- Experience or familiarity with programming languages and web technologies.
- Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices, e.g., convertible debt and equity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with entrepreneurs and investor groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills.
If interested, please apply here.