FedTech builds and operates custom Accelerators, Startup Studios, Internal Innovation, and Corporate Venture programming in which we partner with complex deep-tech organizations such as the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and Fortune 500 corporations to develop and accelerate the growth of novel deep-tech startups – across technology verticals such as biotech, pharmaceuticals, AI/ML, distributed sensors, quantum computing, and more. FedTech also sources all elements for building new startups (e.g., technology, entrepreneurs, mentors, and strategic partnerships, etc.) to bring deep-tech breakthroughs into market opportunities. To learn more about each program: https://www.fedtech.io/programs
We are looking for standout Analysts to join our team. As a Venture Analyst, you’ll work closely across our programs and with our startups to perform activities such as financial analysis, technical due diligence, business development, high-level strategy, product road mapping, partnerships analysis, and much more.
Graduate Venture Analyst Intern
What you will do:
- Work cross-functionally within one or more FedTech portfolio teams:
- Accelerators: Perform deep business analysis on behalf of FedTech to drive our growth/strategy in the deep-tech accelerator market, both in the public and private realm.
- Startup Studio: Assist in developing a Data Management and Process Automation system, delving into optimizing all data input/output throughout the tech sourcing program (Basic coding skills (SQL, R, etc.) preferred but not required).
- Internal Innovation: Learn about the innovation space via client meetings/relations, research projects, and ongoing tasks.
- Corporate Venture: Perform technical and business due diligence, technology recruiting, assist in client meetings, and entrepreneur interviews.
- Communicate complex topics with polished business communication skills on a regular basis.
- Analyze deep-tech trends across diverse communities such as the federal research lab ecosystem, venture capital providers, and emerging regional clusters.
- Assist with general resource needs such as content creation and curation.
- Enjoy a creative and diverse work environment, where anyone is empowered to drive our strategy for how we solve problems.
- Participate in professional development activities like training, mentorship, and networking. We are 100% committed to growing your skill-set.
- Working closely with FedTech staff on company growth & road mapping.
- Almost anything else within reason — we’re a startup!
- Bachelors or Masters Degree.
- Approximately 1-3 years of experience working in a high-tech, high-paced environment; doing so in a deep-tech field or having a technical background is a plus.
- Have a deep love of technology. A degree in science or engineering is not necessary, but it is a plus.
- Loves building strong relationships with a diverse set of people (e.g. scientist, corporate executive, entrepreneur, investor, government, etc.).
- Insane attention to detail and delivering on time.
- Experience in and with technical environments
- Loves working in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Deeply curious, empathetic, and methodological.
- Medium to expert level in Powerpoint, Excel, and other MS Office software.
- Relentlessly biased towards action (testing, measuring, iterating).
- A deep-tech enthusiast.
- Has leadership experience.
- Can quickly adapt from project to project within the same day
What we value:
- Grit: To have the courage, resolve, and intestinal fortitude to persevere in the face of uncertainty and failure.
- Conscientiousness: Someone who exhibits the following traits: goal-oriented, efficient, organized, hard-working, and reliable.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: we recognize and actively value the equality of all people. We are always driving to reflect on, correct, and prevent the many barriers that remain for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, differently-abled, and many other groups/individuals.
- Self-Awareness: Without honest and frequent introspection, we cannot improve ourselves.
- Execution: We are biased towards action, rapid learning, reflection, and iteration.
- Integrity: Our reputation is everything to us. It takes years to build but can be destroyed overnight if our moral compass ever wavers.
- People: We treat our team members as we would like to be treated.
- Extreme ownership: We take full responsibility for everything that goes wrong and share the glory when things go as intended.
- Non-conformity: Because “….that’s how it’s always been done” is not an acceptable answer.
If interested, please apply here.