Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
Natura & Co is a global beauty Group currently consisting of four companies Natura, Aesop, The Body Shop and Avon. The group currently operates in over 70 countries with approx. 20,000 direct employees.
Natura & Co is establishing a Venture Capital Fund to invest into small, innovative high-growth firms in the beauty and wellness industry. It is hoped that many of these investee Companies would become future portfolio brands of Natura & Co providing both a strong strategic and financial return for the investment. Minority investments will initially be made, but at a level in which the Fund will be able to take an active role in the business at both a strategic and operating level.
The main purpose of the role of the Venture Capital Analyst is to be actively involved in the deal sourcing and the ongoing relationship with investees. In this role, you will be responsible for assigning value to potential targets and structuring deals to meet the overall objectives of Natura & Co.
The role is based in Paris and you will report to the Investment Director of Fable Ventures.
- Sourcing: Manage pipeline of inbound leads and generate outbound opportunities through industry research, conferences, and networking
- Due Diligence: Coordinate the due diligence process to identify and manage potential risks and liabilities
- Investment presentations. Prepare and present investment memos and pitch decks for new and follow-on investments based on fundamental analysis and market research
- Financial Analysis: Prepare valuations for current and pipeline opportunities
- Deal Structuring: Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
- Value Creation: Support portfolio company management teams to develop corporate strategy, assess new business lines, and other projects as needed
- Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor current investments and portfolio performance via regular valuations, cap table and tracking company performance
- Industry Research: Actively read and seek out new information sources to stay abreast of industry trends. Prepare analysis and research work for the group
Education & Experience:
- Up to 2 years of experience in Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Finance (financial analysis or Corporate M&A)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, economy or mathematics
- Previous exposure to valuation modeling (LBOs, liquidation waterfalls, cap tables, DCF, etc.) and a high level of proficiency in Excel
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Ability to work across all organizational levels, functions and a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and take leadership while also being a team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as proven sales and negotiation expertise
- Able to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and persuasively
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously
- Commercially astute and targets driven
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations for senior leadership
- Willingness to engage in travel for business development (conferences, client meetings, etc.)
If interested, please apply here.