At Eniac, we invest in the outliers — the Authentic, the Bold, the Curious, the Scrappy. We model our team after the same philosophy, and now we’re looking to bring on new team members who also exemplify our “ABCs.”
Eniac leads seed rounds in technical founders across consumer, enterprise, and deep tech. We make a relatively concentrated number of investments each year into high conviction founders and their companies. Now, after 10 years and launching our fifth fund, we’re looking to expand our team to support our investment process.
We are looking to bring on a new analyst into our two-year program based in San Francisco. We are looking for a team member with a balance of analytical rigor and strong communication skills who is ready to play a key role in the research and due diligence process.
This is a multi-faceted role where you will learn a deep and rigorous approach to evaluating investment opportunities. While honing in on this skill as a research analyst, you will also have full exposure to all parts of the venture capital process — including participating in weekly partner meetings, observing board meetings, sourcing, building networks, and having one on one mentorship with all members of the Eniac team. You’ll learn the fundamentals of the business and gain insight into innovative technology startups and markets. You’ll also get our full support to explore and develop the skills and experiences you’ll need to be successful in whatever you might want to pursue next.
- Along with the help of the Eniac team, you will be performing market research and due diligence for potential investments, which will entail financial and analytics modeling, market analysis, product testing, and generating industry landscapes.
- This includes performing primary due diligence. We want a self-starter who feels comfortable reaching out cold to industry stakeholders, trying out products, collecting customer feedback, and conducting any other form of research that might be useful.
- You will then encapsulate this research into a well-articulated and thorough investment memo to help support the team’s investment process. This means you should have the ability to quickly distill abstract ideas and large amounts of imperfect information down into thoughtful insights.
- You will also collaborate with other team members to explore and write investment theses on new and interesting market trends and do deep-dive research on new sectors.
- Finally, as a scrappy member of the team you will also be asked to lend a hand on any other projects or activities where help is needed, including reporting for our investors, working with portfolio companies, and supporting firm operations such as marketing and fund administration.
- At least 2 years of prior experience, preferably from within consulting, private equity, or venture capital
- Analytical mindset with past experience conducting thorough market and company-level research
- Strong writing skills with a focus on the ability to clearly and concisely articulate a complex thesis
- Interest in learning more about the venture capital and technology markets
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
We expect a tremendous amount from our Analyst, but we know it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to get started in the venture capital business.
To apply, please submit your resume and your answers to the following prompts:
1. How your past work and educational experience has prepared you to be an amazing analyst at Eniac
2. An industry trend that you’re interested in and why
3. Who your favorite Eniac portfolio company is and why
If interested, please apply here.