An exciting and versatile position, the Venture Intern / Analyst will work out of the firm’s Austin office. This person is eager to learn and extremely flexible. He/She is willing to dive into many aspects of the business from deal memos to marketing to events to help the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing – Identify and screen potential investment opportunities
- Database Management – deal pipeline
- Due Diligence – Evaluate all critical components of target investments including strategy, technology, competitors, market, intellectual property, investment merits, investment risks, and team dynamics
- Financial analysis and valuation analysis of target companies
- Special projects – spearhead firm development and thesis-building initiatives
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities for firm publication
- Help prepare internal deal sheets and deal memos
- Undergraduate students with VC, investment banking, private equity, or strategy interest are a plus. MBA or Master’s students preferred, but not required. Open to all majors.
- Proactive, humble mindset; constantly seeking new approaches/improvements to processes
- Critical thinking, including research and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Strong thesis and presentation development
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital and startups
- Project management skills and ability to work independently and manage team’s progress and deliverables
- Exemplary follow-through with minimal supervision
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, curious and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.