Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at http://www.dsm.com .
DSM Venturing is looking to hire a Venture Analyst to support new business growth.
Are you a self-starter with proven analytic skills to filter through a variety of data sources? Looking for a high profile role to support operations, including: market research, deal sourcing and creating financial models for new investment opportunities? This position offers an amazing learning opportunity, introduction and mentorship to the world of venture capital.
If you are looking to help shape the future of DSM, here is a chance to build a legacy you can be proud of!
Location: Cambridge, MA
Join our dynamic team and play your part!
You will be responsible to:
- Source and identify new investment opportunities and qualify inbound leads.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities through market research, financial modelling, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Collaborate with the team to support the portfolio companies by taking board-observer seats.
- Be an active contributor to the startup ecosystem by organizing activities and participating in local events.
Get the reward to match your passion
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
At DSM, we D o S omething M eaningful.
What we look for in you:
- BS or MS Degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 3 years or more of experience in a technical capacity – Engineering, Product or Technology roles with a tech start-up or in investment banking, corporate finance, strategy consulting or venture capital.
- Understanding of investment practices in start-ups as well as financial principles of running a start-up business.
- Experience in financial modeling, market research, business intelligence.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, can engage with all levels in and outside the organization.
If interested, please apply here.