Differential Ventures is a NYC-based, early-stage venture capital fund. We are seeking an Intern pursuing a Bachelors Degree in the Class of 2022 to join our team in New York for Summer 2021 for 10 weeks. While we invest in a variety of sectors, we focus on: AI/ML, Cybersecurity, FinTech, and Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS). We are looking for an eager and enthusiastic intern with a strong desire to learn about the VC industry.
About Differential Venture Partners:
Differential Venture Partners (DVP) is founded by data scientists and entrepreneurs for data-focused entrepreneurs. We invest in seed and early-stage enterprise technology companies that deploy new and innovative solutions to automate, analyze, act-upon and secure the massive amounts of data being created each day, i.e., the “Future of Data.” In addition, we look to add significant value to startups beyond just capital – our partners include recognized experts in the fields of software development and computer science; sales and marketing strategy, implementation and management; and finance and governance. DVP is uniquely positioned to be the first institutional check into a company and to help scale our portfolio companies to the next stage of growth as we work closely with each of them.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Review, evaluate, and present information to DVP’s investment committee about incoming investment opportunities.
- Work with the DVP partners and others to perform due diligence evaluations of potential portfolio companies.
- Help our team identify and track prospective portfolio companies and industries in our thesis.
- Research trends and topics of interest to venture capital.
- Assist in financial and cap table modeling and ad hoc assignments related to financial operations, firm operations, and financial reporting, as needed.
- Deep interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and business.
- Self-motivated, creative, and highly productive. We are looking for a person with a committed work ethic who is able to envision, prioritize and complete parallel projects without requiring hands-on guidance in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Excellent multitasking skills and a willingness to own your projects.
- Ability to (i) quickly evaluate the key questions, risks or upside to an investment opportunity, and (ii) prioritize and execute due diligence to flesh out these issues.
- Strong financial analysis skills. You will be able to dive quickly into a business plan or financial model, identify and judge key drivers or vulnerabilities.
- Digital product fluency. Able to quickly assess strengths and areas of improvement.
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and discussion skills. Unafraid to advocate for and debate your opinion.
- Desire and willingness to learn, give and take feedback and challenge conventional thinking
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or Computer Science or Engineering, graduating Class of 2022.
Differential Venture Partners embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com