An exciting and varied position, the Analyst will work out of the firm’s McLean, Virginia office, supporting the DayBlink Ventures leadership and its affiliate companies and investments, including DayBlink Consulting.
This hybrid VC/Management Consulting Analyst will best be filled by motivated and enthusiastic self-starters who work on their own initiative with moderate supervision. They’re confident and positive, entrepreneurial, high-energy, detailed oriented, team players, capable of easily interacting with senior management. Extremely long hours are to be expected and travel may be required (up to 80%). Flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required, including potentially on management consulting engagements and initiatives.
Position will include a 2-Year Contract, a which the Analyst can then transition one of the portfolio companies or return for an advanced decree, likely Business School.
Conduct due diligence and deal sourcing
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities and recommend ideal candidates to Managing Director
- Research: Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Research: Talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research: Identify potential competitors to the target company
- Research: Talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including IPs
- Research: Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Documentation: Summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Documentation: Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Documentation: Help preparing internal investment memos
- Analysis: Perform valuation analysis via modelling
Other potential responsibilities of the Analyst
- Support Management Consulting engagements and Management Consulting initiatives
- Individual may be asked to take on temporary operational task or roles within portfolio companies, either full or part time
- Perform a variety of administrative and support duties
Required Skills and Experience:
- BBA from a top business school
- 1-2 years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity)
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Team and goal oriented
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including advanced function) and Powerpoint
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Base Salary
- Venture Portfolio Performance Bonus
- 2-Weeks Paid Vacation
IF interested, please apply here.