Excited to work with a team who is passionate about venture capital, innovation, and entrepreneurship?
We’re looking for a motivated, proactive, and energetic person who will work closely with our Fund Team to aggregate and evaluate data to provide visibility/insights to make smart choices across the Fund. It’s an incredibly rewarding and vital full-time position that will directly contribute to Cintrifuse’s ability to continue to outperform its peers and deliver on its strategic innovation goals. Check out this video to learn more about the Fund Analyst role.
- Diligence Funds: Review track record data, portfolio company health and values, as well as partnership dynamics and regional fit to assess new commitments from the fund.
- Maintain Fund pipeline: Assist in pipeline management to track and engage with inbound and wishlist funds.
- Deliver Quarterly reporting: Assist with the preparation of models and written materials for quarterly financial reporting for Cintrifuse Fund I & II. This is a key deliverable to our LPs and to understanding our portfolio.
- Work with existing portfolio funds, conduct introduction calls with new managers and support Fund Manager visits: Interact with existing fund managers, company management teams, and support pipeline building through introduction calls with new managers.
- Prepare materials for investment committee meetings: Assist Fund Team in preparation of Investment Committee materials relating to the diligence, pipeline, and portfolio.
- Support LP relations: Assist Fund Team to ensure that all LP requests and communications are handled as a top priority. Requests ranging from portfolio company information to tax documents are all handled in a timely manner.
- Align Strategic focus: Filter investments, technology, relationships, and innovation through the lens of key strategic growth pillars (e.g. Supply Chain, Future of Branding). Reach strategic conclusions based on how tech is applied to Big Co. needs and marketplace trends.
- A BA or MS in finance, accounting, economics, or similar degrees, required.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in venture capital, investment banking, private equity or related fields. Will consider candidates with less job experience but with strong requisite skills including a clear understanding of finance, financial modeling and valuation techniques; knowledge of technology industries and startups, preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel including dynamic modeling, scenario analysis, charts, visualizations and Powerpoint formatting and development.
- Strong ability to multi-task, highly organized and detailed oriented to successfully navigate the rigors of the diligence and investing process.
- Curiosity and passion for technology to unlock innovation.
- Prior experience conducting research end-to-end, using data to draw conclusions and present findings.
- Self-generated appetite for work with an eagerness for continued learning as well as coachable and open to constructive feedback to improve work product and process.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills both within a team and with partners.
- Ethical, open-minded, diplomatic and use own discretion and judgment with limited direction.
- Demonstrated application of time management and project management concepts/skills.
- Ability to be a team player, operate in a high-functioning team environment and take on ever increasing responsibilities and grow into a larger role.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive data.
Cintrifuse and Syndicate Fund Overview
Cintrifuse’s mission is to lead and accelerate the continued development of Greater Cincinnati as a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy. Our vision is to establish Greater Cincinnati as the #1 start-up hub in the Midwest and among the top innovation hubs in the nation. To do this, we inspire ideas … empower founders … lure talent … and seduce investment … in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide.
As part of the Cintrifuse organization and mission, we operate a “fund of funds” that provides exposure to a broad network of venture capital fund managers and thousands of startups, driving access to the best emerging technologies. Our strategy allows us to partner with top venture investors and generate strong financial returns.
Cintrifuse has three building blocks in which our Syndicate Fund plays a key role:
- We leverage our Fund to access cutting-edge technologies, generate strong financial returns, and create investment pools for entrepreneurs.
- We help the largest corporations in our region discover the innovations —and the innovators — who can help them grow and lead their industries.
- And, we work with entrepreneurs to accelerate their startups and connect them to global, industry-leading customers right here in our own backyard.
We have more than $115 million in venture capital invested and at work. We have hundreds of startups in our local pipeline. We have dozens of major companies (“BigCo’s”) working with us to accelerate innovation. We’re playing a central role in regional “restart” efforts. And we’re building a reputation that has corporate leaders, startup founders, and venture capitalists nationwide talking about Greater Cincinnati.
Our Syndicate Fund currently consists of two individual, jointly managed funds that operate as a Fund of Funds, investing in venture funds outside the region to bring capital and VCs to Greater Cincinnati. We’re planning to launch a third Fund that will:
- Focus on a few critical strategic pillars (e.g., supply chain, connected health).
- Strike a balance between the Fund of Funds approach and direct investment in our community.
- Support women and minority-led entrepreneurs.
If you have a passion for startups, innovation and financial growth we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Zand Walters, email@example.com