Launched in 2014, Align serves as an independent and specialized impact advisor to families, foundations, institutional investors and financial advisors. Align creates customized impact strategies, provides investment management services, and guides philanthropic and charitable giving so its clients can increase the effectiveness and alignment of their grants and investments. Align’s customized impact portfolios aim to deliver the same risk and return as best-in-class globally diversified asset management strategies, all the while investing in companies and sectors that are aligned with a client’s values.
Investment Analyst, Catalytic Capital
Catalytic Capital, as defined by Tideline, is patient, flexible, risk-tolerant, high-impact capital in the form of investments and grants.
The Catalytic Capital Analyst will work within the Investment Research team to spearhead investment and grant selection efforts for catalytic capital. We are looking for a professional with a solid background in impact and investment analysis, familiarity with how private markets and nonprofits operate in the United States and around the world.
As we grow, we are building a team of self-starters and independent specialists who will develop deep expertise in their domain areas and take responsibility for service delivery to a diverse range of impact-focused investors.
This Investment Analyst role is an entry level position with responsibilities including:
- Conduct primary and secondary research on impact investment and philanthropic investment opportunities in private markets. Conduct market research on broader impact themes.
- Prepare diligence reports and presentation materials to be presented to decision-makers.
- Prepare financial and impact reporting for impact investments and grants.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and monitoring of client philanthropic strategies.
- Organize and maintain internal databases.
- Support and improve processes for Catalytic Capital research and client engagement.
We believe the following skills, experience and attributes are necessary for a successful Catalytic Capital Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated interested in impact investing and/or philanthropy.
- Passion for research and learning new topics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment independently.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of processes and service delivery.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Knowledge and familiar with investment analysis.
- Self-reflective, committed to continuous improvement.
Finally, we believe that a successful candidate will embody and strongly believe our core values of:
- Equality: We work passionately to serve individuals of great wealth and those that live at the base of the pyramid. We strive for diversity, equity, and inclusion across our staff and for those that ultimately benefit from our services.
- Generosity and Humility: This spirit permits us to approach our work with genuine openness and allows us to be active listeners with our clients, colleagues and thought partners.
- Excellence: We work hard and smart, hold ourselves to a high professional standard, and pride ourselves on our responsive follow through. Going above-and-beyond is the norm.
- Teamwork: We know that we accomplish much more together than we could ever do alone. We trust our teammates, celebrate the wins together, and pick each other up when needed.
- Leadership: We each take the initiative and proactively engage in making this a world class organization and catalyzing the impact investing ecosystem.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the e-mail. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until January 5, 2021.