Capnamic Ventures is known as one of the leading early stage venture capital firms focusing on the German-speaking region with offices in Cologne and Berlin. We strongly believe that the real power of a VC comes from its network, experience, credibility, commitment and the combined passion of all active investment professionals. That’s why we constantly strive to develop and grow our team to bring high quality support to our portfolio companies and deliver excellent returns to our investors.
Our focus is investing in young technology companies in markets and industries that are characterized by technological innovation and high growth — in other words, we look for disruption driven by digital transformation.
Join our team at Capnamic Ventures and immerse yourself in the exciting ecosystem of venture capital. Evaluate market opportunities, meet promising teams and support the due diligence process from screening to closing and work closely with our portfolio companies in building successful businesses. Become a core member of our small and agile team and work with us to further develop an experienced venture capital firm.
We are hiring an Investment Analyst. In our office in Cologne and/or Berlin, you will be responsible for screening and analyzing deal flow opportunities. The position will allow you to assume responsibility in due diligence processes and individual venture investments. This position will involve extensive commercial and technological due diligence, modeling business cases and preparing investment memorandums and presentations.
As a full part of our team, you will
- build relationships with promising entrepreneurs and startups
- actively find and reach out to deal flow sources such as universities and accelerators, screen and analyze the market to identify potential investment targets early and that way proactively enhance our deal flow
- screen and prioritize investment opportunities and support investment decision making including due diligences
- support portfolio companies in their need to ship products, build a customer base, grow the organization, and develop strategic positioning
- work closely and effectively with colleagues, founders, limited partners, lawyers, accountants, executive search firms and other contacts within our network
- extend our and your network by attending conferences and meetups of startup entrepreneurs
You’ll unfold your impact best if you have
- solid technical understanding and strong intuition for tech products; any coding, product development or UX/UI skills are a plus
- strong emotional intelligence; you love to work and connect with people
- in-depth understanding of the startup ecosystem and huge curiosity for early stage companies
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably related to technology, business or finance
- an organized, independent and structured way of working
- the ability to work fluently in German and English
At Capnamic Ventures, we basically do two things: We strive to invest in the best entrepreneurs and then do everything to help our portfolio companies succeed.
We are a small, passionate team — our culture and spirit are our strongest values. Thus, it is very important to us that new team members share our dedication for technology as much as the potential of digital transformation but can also subscribe to our values with regard to team spirit and cooperation. You should also be prepared to firmly defend well-reflected arguments on potential investments, but also remain open minded in light of opposing arguments and different positions. Honesty and respect are core drivers for our successful work.
Perhaps most importantly, the successful candidate is a “digital native” and tech savvy individual.
Do you have the skills to do the job, share the enthusiasm for our vision and fit our culture? Just send us your application documents to email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!