Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone .
Blackstone Growth (BXG) is Blackstone’s dedicated growth equity investing platform. We are experienced growth investors backed by the scale, operating expertise, and global reach of the world’s largest alternative asset manager. BXG focuses on providing capital to companies seeking to manage the execution risks associated with high-growth environments.
2021 Analyst – Blackstone Growth
Location: New York or San Francisco
Blackstone’s Analyst program is a unique experience among financial firms, enabling participants to develop a well-rounded and fine-tuned business mind. Upon completion of training, Blackstone Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at one time. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts are able to assume integral roles on deal teams.
Analysts will work closely with the investment team on sourcing, due diligence and executing investment opportunities. This is an opportunity for an extraordinary performer who has already mastered financial analytical and research skills through personal investing, academic work and professional experience.
The ideal candidate should possess: resourcefulness and thoroughness in conducting financial analytics, research; ability to work independently; good project management skills with the ability to multi-task; and strong written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Conduct market research on companies, industries, and asset classes, supporting the sector sprints
- Maintain active coverage of assigned sub-sector and thematic areas of focus
- Review company lists and conferences for new and existing investment targets
- Perform all pertinent financial analyses, including discounted cash flow, comparables, and precedent transactions
- Prepare due diligence packs for the investment team, providing relevant, informative analytics and background research
- Prepare written summaries and presentation materials for the investment team
- Build detailed operating models on prospective deals
- Draft information memorandum and marketing materials for the investment team
- Provide overall support to investment team
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The Successful Candidate Must Be
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a team environment with dynamic roles
- A basic knowledge of accounting and finance is required
- Self-motivation to find solutions independently, and humility to acknowledge limits and uncertainties
- Sincere commitment to personal and professional development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good judgment
To be considered for the 2021 Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2020 – Spring 2021
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say“). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
If interested, please apply here.