BBG Ventures is seeking an Analyst to join our investment team. This position is a two-year program based in New York City, with the team currently working in-person 1–2x per week through the end of 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a significant interest in venture capital and have some prior experience in startups, consulting, or investment banking. You’ll gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including industry and deal due diligence, financial analysis, deal execution, and portfolio support. Along the way you’ll complete projects aligned with your interests in tech, as well as the needs of BBG Ventures. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about consumer tech and ready to play a key role in the research and due diligence process.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities and drive projects from conception to execution
- Comfortable advancing projects forward despite uncertainty and a fast-paced environment
- Equally happy doing diligence, market sizing and deep dives as they are meeting founders
- Keen to help BBGV develop a point of view in various areas of focus
- Genuinely passionate about supporting women-led startups and paradigm-shifting ideas
- Always looking for ways to help colleagues and others within their network
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude
- Take ownership of quantitative and qualitative industry deep dives
- Research market, opportunity, and competitive landscapes for potential investments
- Work with BBG Ventures portfolio companies on select projects
- Assist in the preparation of company valuation models, internal fund models, diligence memos, and investor updates
- Support BBG Ventures community and ecosystem growth initiatives
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including financial modeling
- Quick and eager learner
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize abstract ideas and large amounts of information into meaningful insights
- 1–3 years experience in management consulting, investment banking, startups, venture capital, or other relevant fields
- Undergraduate degree with track record of academic excellence
About BBG Ventures
BBG Ventures is an early-stage fund backing big ideas that will transform the way we live tomorrow. We focus on female founders who intuitively understand the dominant consumer and use that understanding to address the collective or lived experience of the 99%. Today’s world calls for VCs who embrace societal shifts and can support founders as they transform those shifts into a tidal wave of change. Tomorrow’s founders are poised to do giant things. We’re here to give them that first, crucial investment.
We look for companies that drive systems change, create 10x better consumer solutions, or address new buying behaviors across some of the biggest categories of consumer spending that are ripe for reinvention: Health and Wellbeing, Future of Education and Work, Climate Friendly Products and Platforms, Overlooked and Emerging Consumers.
To apply, please complete this form. We’ll be in touch if your application is a fit!