AVG’s purpose is to grow and engage with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) is growing rapidly, with 125+ employees and 19 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.AVG provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AVG offers dozens of distinct funds, including: 18 Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of top universities nationwide; Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited individual investors; and Syndications Funds consisting of an individual startup company investment, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AVG is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.AVG has raised over $600 million and has invested in over 600 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 550,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AVG typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats.
About This Role
AVG’s Basecamp Fund is a pre-seed and seed-stage fund that invests in audacious entrepreneurs alongside leading institutional venture funds, accelerators, and angels. AVG Basecamp is seeking an Analyst to help support the fund’s rapid growth. This is a unique opportunity to support AVG in identifying, vetting, and closing top pre-seed and seed deals within a high-visibility investment vehicle.Reporting to the Basecamp Managing Partner, this individual will source, evaluate, conduct due diligence and ultimately execute venture investments that drive investing capabilities for Basecamp & AVG.You’ll be joining a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment where you’ll have significant input into the creation of a unique, diversified, fast-growing portfolio. You will leverage a well vetted playbook, back office support, and processes created by the parent company Alumni Ventures Group to help in executing your role and collaborate with a talented team of marketing and investing professionals.
- Identify and research potential pre-seed and seed investment opportunities, develop and maintain the deal pipeline
- Conduct outreach to VCs, entrepreneurs, incubators, and more to help fill our deal pipeline with prospects:
- Vet potential deal opportunities that align with AVG’s investment mandate, including interviewing company teams, competitors, customers, etc..
- Help support and execute due diligence memos and Investment Committee processes
- Present companies and work closely and collaboratively with the Basecamp Managing Partner, as well as other teams within AVG
- Attend relevant networking events to facilitate deal sourcing efforts
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about AVG Basecamp and our process and effectively manage relationships in a professional, courteous manner
- Work closely with sibling funds to identify mutual interesting investment opportunities
- Manage deal flow and related database inputs
- Develop and maintain proprietary deal and market intelligence
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture
- Direct venture capital, start-up or applicable prior professional experience
- 1-5 years of professional experience
Skills and Strengths
- Strong analytical, financial analysis, organizational, and writing skills
- A professional presence combined with relationship and communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- Ability to quickly comprehend, evaluate, and critique a venture’s business model, market opportunity, and team
- Awareness of the venture capital community, including leading investment funds and partners, historical successes and failures
- Familiarity with typical venture capital deal structures, terms, and industry practices
- Knowledge and interest in current technology, trends, and developments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and execute on processes while working with diverse and/or remote stakeholders
- Adept at organizing, analyzing, and reporting on data; notices and addresses important details with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated interest and experience in emerging companies, and experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Good networker, with an ability to help grow our system and process for identifying investment opportunities
- Self-starter and independent manager, but great team player, preferably with personnel management experience
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
If interested, please apply here.