Ardent Venture Partners (AVP) is a $100M early-stage venture fund investing in founders and companies located in growing tech hubs outside of the Valley that transform the way we work. Our General Partners have over 50+ years of experience investing in early stage with a proven track record of successful investments.
We are looking for a talented data scientist who is excited about venture capital and analyzing large, complex datasets to help us source new deals within the enterprise software industry.
Location: Washington, DC
In this role your primary responsibilities will be:
Develop in-house data capabilities
- Lead software development of a proprietary in-house data platform
- Identify new data sources to augment sourcing and diligence of companies
- Develop tools for portfolio companies to leverage for recruiting, sales, and growth
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Support investment team in sourcing and evaluating deals from a technical perspective
- Surface industry data and insights to the team for internal and external content
- Tackle ad hoc projects and tasks that support investment decision-making
Perform due diligence
- Help evaluate deal opportunities by gathering information and researching competitors
- Support the creation of investment memos and analysis for various meeting materials
- Perform quantitative and qualitative company and/or fund diligence
Support general operations
- Maintain and streamline our operational support tool systems (CRM, Data room, etc…)
- Attend GP, LP, and company meetings alongside other team members
- Create company and/or fund meeting materials/decks
You might be a fit for this role if:
- 3+ years of data science/analytics experience, including coding in languages like Python and R.
- Enjoy creating robust data models (required)
- Have experience leveraging API’s to automate manual processes, building web-scraping tools, and leveraging basic NLP/Sentiment Analysis development skills
- Comfort with SQL and creating robust data models is a must
- Comfort setting up / managing BI Tools
- Comfort setting up / managing AWS EC2 instances
- Analytical orientation with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop venture capital skill sets
Nice to haves
- Comfort with building web-scraping tools, and leveraging basic NLP/Sentiment Analysis development skills to augment data pulled from web-scrapers
- Knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint, including comfort with advanced functions
Ardent Venture Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
If you believe you’re a good fit for this role, send a brief email to email@example.com telling us why you’re interested in VC with your resume attached.