Are you an investment analyst with experience in the healthcare industry with strong financial management skills? If so, read on!
Arboretum Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm specializing in the healthcare sector. We focus on investments in medical devices, tech-enabled care delivery, life science tools & diagnostics, and pharma adjacencies across the United States, with a special interest in the Midwest. Our guiding vision is to identify transformative healthcare companies developing improved and less costly solutions to large, chronic health problems. Founded in 2002 and located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we currently manage $700 million in capital across five investment funds.
About the Opportunity
As an investment analyst, you will be a vital member of the Arboretum team, providing critical input that will inform investment decision-making. You will participate in all aspects of the investment process including deal tracking, due diligence, financial modeling, and portfolio support. Our collaborative culture will allow you to learn from and contribute to our diverse, nine-member investment team. This position requires relocation to the Ann Arbor area.
- Serve as a primary screen for new investment opportunities to identify high-potential companies worthy of deeper review
- Support all facets of due diligence including assessments of technology risks, addressable markets, and exit returns. This will be done collaboratively while interfacing with external consultants and Arboretum team members
- Create financial models and draft investment memoranda for potential investments
- Engage directly with portfolio company leadership as required to support operational activities
- Assist with internal processes including document control and tracking, marketing and investor relations, and quarterly reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Professional experience in a financial capacity within the healthcare industry
- Mastery of Excel – high proficiency with constructing valuation and financial forecast models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to distill complex information into easily understood terms
- Ability to complete high-quality, detail-oriented work under a deadline
- Personable, confident, and willing to express an opinion
If interested, please apply here.