Antler is a global early-stage VC firm with a mission to invest in the world’s most brilliant people to help them build global businesses.
Antler undertakes investments from pre-seed to late-stage series investments. Our core program commences at pre-seed during 6-month programs for talented technologists, commercial experts and domain leaders designed to support startup generation from scratch. We help individuals find co-founders and validate, build and grow their technology companies. Antler funds select companies with a $125k cash investment after 11 weeks. Following Antler’s investment, our operating team and advisors work closely through the growth phase of the companies. Antler continues to support and invest in its portfolio as its companies grow within Australia and beyond.
Antler is a global company and currently exists in 14 cities around the world beyond Sydney.
The Senior Analyst Role
We are looking for a Senior Analyst for our Antler Australia + New Zealand operations. This is a key role within the local Program team. The successful candidate will initially support — and in due course take ownership of — specific program operations. The Senior Analyst will work alongside the program team to create a world class experience for our founders, and will be expected to play a pivotal role in productising the local program. The candidate will have a wide skillset and polished execution. They will be able to analyse data to support decisions and strategy development, whilst also juggling the delivery of a flawless networking event. They will be able to speak thoughtfully about tech with founders and investors, while helping to administer large global zoom calls.
We are looking for someone who is driven to be part of a world class team — if you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with a leading global Venture Capital firm.
The job offers an opportunity to gain an understanding of early-stage VC operations and knowledge of different industries by working closely with founders, as well as to gain first-hand experience with how to assess business models, start-up teams and market opportunities. You work along with the Program team, and are involved in the following areas, but not limited to:
- Assist with planning and managing operations for our programs using Antler’s playbook and best practices
- Work closely with the Program team to develop content for the program
- Capture, analyze, and present data to assess business models, start-up teams and market opportunities.
- Follow up with portfolio companies wherever applicable to help support their growth and continued success after graduation – including administrative matters such as fundraising
- Other administrative tasks to be specified that are associated with the varied nature of this role including diary management and event scheduling.
- Fast, efficient operator: You are intelligent, considered and efficient and are constantly looking for ways to improve. You are comfortable in a high-pace environment with a large number of moving parts. You can prioritise effectively, and deliver highly accurate work despite being in a complex environment.
- Curious about technology and startups: You enjoy using technology and have a working knowledge of the startup ecosystem.
- Performance and culture amplifier: You love working in a team and want to see your teammates grow and succeed. You help others become the best version of themselves. You lean in to support others when they need it and enjoy seeing them thrive.
- Morale booster and fun spreader: Your positive energy is contagious. You can keep the morale high even when things appear to be going in the wrong direction. You expect to have fun at work and want to ensure your teammates feel that too.
- Independent and proactive with a very positive attitude
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines and ambiguity
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Passion for empowering founders and building companies, and believes the world needs more difference-makers and innovators
- Hunger for knowledge / intellectually curious
What we offer
- Operations position in a global firm with a presence in over 14 markets world-wide
- Opportunity to work in Venture Capital and build expertise in investment and early-stage company formation
- Opportunity to work with a highly qualified and dedicated team
- Opportunity to shadow exceptional coaches as they advise our startups
- Opportunity to work with a community of ~80 highly motivated and A-class founders every six months
- Opportunity to develop our program as a product and platform
- Opportunity to create an amazing experience for our cohorts
- Opportunity to grow, learn and take more responsibilities
- Competitive remuneration
If interested, please apply here.