The Investment Analyst will be a part of the American Express Ventures team. The Amex Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing long-term corporate strategic initiatives which contribute to American Express’ market leadership and growth. The team invests in innovative startups to accelerate American Express’ efforts in consumer commerce, B2B services and to enhance enterprise capabilities such as data analytics and security. Team members work with senior management, C-level executives and business leaders across the company to execute equity investments, both domestically and internationally. The team also initiates and executes non-organic business development and strategic initiatives.
The Investment Analyst will play a key role in day-to-day investment sourcing and will be responsible for meeting a broad set of startups to identify emerging trends and track industry developments across our focus areas. In addition, the Investment Analyst will work closely with the investment team on all aspects of the deal execution process.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Actively meeting with companies through a variety of channels to develop a robust startup investment pipeline
- Researching, identifying and tracking industry trends and mapping out comprehensive competitive landscape for your coverage area
- Contribute to deal evaluation and investment memo preparation including market sizing, competitive analysis, financial analysis, etc
- Contribute to all aspects of the due diligence process by working closely with startup’s management team and internal key stakeholders
- Keeping up to date with portfolio company developments for on-going monitoring and tracking
- At least 1+ years of experience in roles where you have conducted in-depth financial analysis or business evaluations; investment banking or management consulting, startup operations or venture capital experience a plus
- Highly proficient in Excel and strong corporate finance and business analysis skills; note a financial statement analysis assessment will be administered as part of the interview process
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. Highly proficient in powerpoint with a track record of creating clear and compelling presentations
- Track record of being self-reliant, and the ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a strong ability to manage multiple timelines and complex processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, engineering, computer science or related field
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
If interested, please apply here.