Akkadian Ventures is looking for a top-notch analyst to join its due diligence team. Akkadian Ventures is a leading VC firm, which has pioneered the market for providing liquidity for stakeholders across the venture ecosystem and delivered top decile cash-on-cash returns over the last decade. Currently, Akkadian Ventures is investing out of its fifth fund and is backed by major endowments, foundations, and family offices.
Description: This position will offer significant involvement in all aspects of the investment process, including deal generation and due diligence. This position’s responsibilities will include:
- Creating presentation materials for investment committee review, articulating investment theses, and highlighting key transaction considerations
- Participating in all aspects of due diligence including financial modeling, business and competitive analysis, deal structuring, and customer and management reference calls
- Supporting the firm’s existing investments, including internal reporting, business development opportunities, and follow-on transactions
- Using Akkadian Venture’s proprietary database to source new investment opportunities and conducting follow-up meetings with companies and sellers
Qualifications: Candidates for this position should have the following:
- One to three years of substantial experience in private equity, venture capital, strategic consulting, or investment banking
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution
- Successful academic and professional track record
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior decision making, time management, and organizational skills
- Self-starter personality with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Progress towards the CFA Charter is a plus
Location: Initially, this position will be remote with the potential to transition to our offices.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experienceApplication Instructions: Please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line “ANALYST” to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should include the following: (i) relevant experience, (ii) why you want to work at Akkadian, and (iii) a brief description of an interesting growth-stage company and why you think it would be a good candidate for investment.